Boy’s Soccer Aims to Win it All

This summer the Danbury High School Boys Soccer Team started conditioning and their school year off with tryouts. Team captain, Aiden Roxo reports that the “tryouts were hard as we had to complete 3 endurance tests, the 2 mile, the 100 yard drill, the beep test. We only played soccer the 2nd day of tryouts as the coach wanted to be able to cut people from just the fitness aspect.”

After tryouts, Varsity Coach Anthony Howard had built a determined team with a strong bond as they have all known and played with one another for a while and according to Roxo, they all “already have a great connection with each other.”  With the teams best qualities being their bond, depth, and technical skills as well the passion and determination these boys are showing this year, it is believed they have a chance in completing their one goal according to Roxo: “to win the whole thing and be able to celebrate bringing back the glory days to DHS.” He added that, “even our coach for one of the few times he told us he thinks we could win this thing this year” said Roxo.

Every team has a certain competitor that is their biggest struggle and who they need to prepare for. Roxo claimed that this year “it will be either Trumbull, who we already played [and] who are one of the favorites, or Greenwich, or Norwalk because they are always good. Greenwich has always beaten us and Norwalk beat us last year and didn’t graduate a whole lot of seniors so it will be a tough challenge.” Although these teams might be their top opponents, DHS Boys Soccer is ready to go against them. Last Friday during their game against Norwalk, who are claimed to be their rivals, it was clear that there is a bit of bad blood between the teams after last years loss. The game ended in a tie 0-0 and now they know what they’re up against and what to lookout for the next time in case they meet Norwalk in the finals.

Come support the boys soccer varsity team at their next home game on Monday.