Seniors to be welcomed by fire breathers at prom

Seniors to enjoy their final High School prom on May 25th.

File Photo

File Photo

Ava Olivera, Staff Writer

If you are planning on attending this year’s Senior Prom, be ready to be transported into a scene of ethereal beauty and excitement. And if you are not planning on attending the prom, you may want to reconsider. From a photo booth to fire breathers to a buffet dedicated to different types of fries, Senior Prom 2018 is going to be one you will not want to miss.

If you haven’t guessed it already, this year’s senior prom theme is Arabian Nights. “I believe the committee was drawn to [this theme] because of the mood that it sets,” says Senior Class Officer Emily Grenier. “The colors are vibrant and would lend [themselves] to being a fun night. Decorations would pop, and of course the pictures would be fantastic”.

“The night basically starts once you walk in,” says Class of 2018 Advisor Emily Pardalis. The committee was able to arrange for students to be greeted by groups of fire breathers and belly dancers when they first approach the entrance to the event in hopes to set the tone of the night early on.

Alongside the magical desert ambiance—which will be created by colorful uplighting and mystical decorations alike—the prom committee was able to make the night even more spectacular by hiring DJ Chase Caldwell, owner of One Plug Entertainment. Caldwell is a DHS Class of 2008 graduate, so the committee was allowed input into what songs the guests would like to hear throughout the course of the night and which songs they would absolutely not want to see on the tracklist.

Finally, arguably one of the most cherished aspects of prom—the menu—will feature an outstanding selection of food to match the rest of the extraordinary segments of the night. The Amber Room will be providing appetizers in the form of Fried Calamari and a French Fry bar to accompany the main entrees of Penne and Cheese Tortellini, Carved Flank Steak, Chicken Francaise, Grilled Mixed Vegetables, Roasted Red Bliss Potatoes, and Frozen Mocktails. The introduction of an Ice Cream Sundae bar will also take place during the later half of the evening as the menu’s big finale.

So if you are planning on attending Senior Prom 2018, there are a few important details you are going to need to remember to make sure you are prepared for the night. The prom is going to be held on Friday May 25th from 7pm to 12pm at the Amber Room Colonnade. Tickets will be on sale in the cafeteria for $75 and in order to purchase your tickets you must pay any cafeteria bills, library fees, or class dues. You can visit the library or ask at the lunch counter to determine your balances and see what you have left to pay.

In the eyes of Mrs. Pardalis, missing out on this year’s Senior Prom is almost out of the question. “You only have one shot. So it’s better off to take the shot and maybe regret going, than it is to not go at all.”

About the Writer
Ava Olivera, Staff Writer
This year I am a senior and I am currently on the school’s varsity field hockey team, a part of the yearbook committee, and a member of the Key Club. It is my first time participating in the creation of the Hatter’s Herald and it is also my first encounter with journalism and all which...