Student announcements

Athletic events today:

FR Boys Soccer HOME vs. Staples – 4:00

Girls Swimming HOME @ WCSU vs. Greenwich – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

V & JV Boys Soccer AWAY @ Staples – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

College visits to the Career Center

9/12/18 Wednesday Keene State College — 11:04

9/12/18 Wednesday Brown University– 1:14

9/14/18 Friday Merrimack College — 11:36

9/14/18    Friday University of Hartford — 8:49

The University of New Haven is having their on-site decision day on November 13th from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm in the Career Center.  Please come to the Career Center and sign up for an interview appointment.

General announcements

• The Black Lives Matter Club will be meeting for the first time TODAY,Wednesday, September 12th after school in room D371A. New and interested students are welcome to join.
  • If you are interested in gaining more world knowledge and finding friends with similar interests, come join Model U.N. We will hold our first meeting on Thursday, September 13th in room D376. Hope to see you there!
  • Do you have an interest in science? Maybe Science National Honor Society or Science Club is right for you. Will be having a brief informational meeting Thursday September 13th after school in C529. All are welcome and light refreshments will be served.
  • If you are interested in becoming a member of the DHS Math Team, join us in D168 TODAY, right after school.
  • The Gamer’s Association will meet in A204 on Thursday, September 13th from 2:10-3:35pm.
  • Are you interested in the medical field?  If so, join the medical careers club. We will meet Monday, Sept. 17 in C537 at 2:00.  The meeting will be brief.
  • Our first GSA meeting will be this Thursday. Room D277 after school. Just remember there is no late buses yet so make sure you have a ride home after meeting.
  • Detention starts after school this week in D367. Detention can be served on Wednesday or Thursday. Thursday is the 3hr detention day. There is no late bus available.
  • Are you interested in writing and volunteering? The National English Honor Society is now accepting applications for new members. Applications can be picked up in G292 or D468. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Hanrahan or Ms. Costello.
  • Attention all seniors. If you’d like to have a great opportunity to be in this year’s yearbook, find a few friends and come on out to the student parking lot TODAY and TOMORROW to get a photo taken which we might use in our “Seniors and their Cars” spread. No more than three friends, no hats and only seniors are allowed. Please do not get into more than one picture.
  • Any student interested in joining yearbook, there will be a short informational meeting TODAY, September 12 in C330. With the new flex period,  you may be able to get some of this work done during the school day, so don’t feel like you cannot be a member if you are on a sports team. Please come to find out if this is something you’d like to do. We will train you to be a contributing member of the staff. If you cannot make it on the 12th, please stop down in C331 and see Mr. Porcelli sometime before then.
  • The Main Office and Department Head office are looking for underclassmen to work as YPPs. Please stop in to pick up an application.
  • Ms. Manka needs a YPP please see her in D176.
  • Level 2 Office is in need of YPP workers for Block 2, 3, and 4.