Student announcements

MONDAY,  NOVEMBER 19, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• Freshman Football Away @ Ridgefield 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:00PM

College Visits to the Career Center:

• A representative from the US Naval Academy is be in the Career Center today all of Block 3.
  • A representative from the Marines will be in the Career Center Tuesday, November 20, Block 3 at 11:04, to talk about scholarship opportunities.

General Announcements:

• Chess Club will not meet this Monday, November 19th due to parent conferences.  Chess will resume Monday, November 26th at 2:30 PM in room D478.
THURSDAY,  NOVEMBER 15, 2018

No Athletic Events Today

College Visits to the Career Center:

• 11/16/18 Friday Johnson & Wales University Block 2 @8:49
  • 11/16/18 Friday Iona College FLEX @ 10:18

General Announcements:

• Chess club will now meet Mondays 2:30 – 4:00 PM in room D478.  All levels welcome. Players may also still sign up for chess through flex on Wednesdays with Dr. Reese and Thursdays with Mr. Parker.
  • All after school activities are cancelled for today.

WEDNESDAY,  NOVEMBER 14, 2018

No Athletic Events Today

College Visits to the Career Center:

• 11/15/18 Thursday Salisbury University Block 2 @ 9:30

General Announcements:

• Attention Skiers!  There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested in joining the Ski Race Team today at 2:15 in room E295.
  • There will be a meeting for all who are interested in girls Track & Field TODAY in G289 after school until 2:45pm. Please remember all FamilyID forms need to be completed and all need to have a current physical to tryout for the team. This meeting will focus on the different events in Track & Field, and what equipment is needed for the team. Come see what Track & Field is about at Danbury High School.
  • There will be a brief DHS Productions Stage Crew meeting in the auditorium, after school TODAY. This meeting is for the students who were unable to attend the Crew FLEX meeting.
  • There will be a Boys Indoor Track meeting tomorrow, Thursday, Nov 15th after school in the cafeteria.  The meeting will cover the different event options and the team tryout procedure. Please stop by and find out more about the team.
  • The first Baseball meeting will be TODAY at 2:15 in the cafeteria. The meeting should last about 1 hour.
  • The Young Republicans will meet after school on Thursday 11/15 in D268. New members welcome!

FRIDAY,  NOVEMBER 9, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• V Football vs. Greenwich – 5:00
  • Boys & Girls Cross Country @ the New England Regionals at Derryfield Park in Manchester, NH – dismissal at 10:12

Athletic Events for Saturday:

• FR Football @ Greenwich – 10:00 – bus leaves at 8:00
  • Girls Swimming @ the Class LL State Trials – 11:30 – bus leaves at 7:45

Athletic Events for Monday:

• JV Football vs. Greenwich – 4:30

College Visits to the Career Center:

• 11/8/18 Thursday Keene State College Block 3 @ 12:41

General Announcements:

• Attention all female Fall Athletes- All lockers downstairs in the team room need to be cleaned out by Monday, November 12th.  Locks will be cut off starting on Tuesday, Nov 13th. See Coach Halas if you have any questions.
  • Attention Skiers!  There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested in joining the Ski Race Team next Wednesday, November 14th at 2:15 in room E295.
  • Ready? Set. Go. You can stop the spread of infection and be rewarded for it! Come see what all the hustle is about at the HOSA Future Health Professionals booth during your lunch wave today in the cafeteria for the final day of HOSA week!
  • Boys Basketball open gym will be Tuesday 11/13.  Freshman will be from 5:30 to 7 and 10th to 12th grade will be from 7 to 8:30.

THURSDAY,  NOVEMBER 8, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• V Boys Soccer vs. Naugatuck in the CIAC Class LL 2nd round – 4:00

College Visits to the Career Center

General Announcements:

• Any girls interested in track and field who could not attend the meeting yesterday should see coach Fraticelli in G289 to receive the important information for this years team.
  • Attention all Female Fall Athletes- All lockers downstairs in the team room  need to be cleaned out by Monday, November 12th.  Locks will be cut off starting on Tuesday, Nov 13th.  See Coach Halas if you have any questions.
  • Come find out about the 3x defending Connecticut State champion boys Indoor Track and Field team.  There will be a meeting today at 2:05 in the DHS cafeteria. If you can not make it see coach Murray in his office located in the boys PE locker room.
  • There will be a meeting for all those interested in trying out for the Boys Swim team today at 4:15 in Room E255.
  • There will be a meeting for all those interested in playing Boys Volleyball TODAY at 2:45 in Room E255.
  • This afternoon the Asian Club will be meeting in room D479. There will be k-pop music, competitions, prizes you can win and many more fun Asian activities. Join the Asian Club today! All are welcome.
  • Did you know handwashing is the number one way to stop the spread of infection? Look for the HOSA Future Health Professionals booth in the cafeteria during your lunch wave to help stop the contamination today for HOSA week!!

WEDNESDAY,  NOVEMBER 7, 2018

No Athletic Events Today

College Visits to the Career Center

• 11/8/18  Thursday Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts Block 2 @ 8:49

General Announcements

• Central Connecticut State University will be hosting an On-Site Decision day on Thursday, November 29, 2018 from 8:49 until 2:00.  Come to the Career Center and sign up for an appointment.
  • Did you know that high blood pressure can hurt your arteries and lead to life-threatening conditions like heart disease and stroke? Come get your blood pressure taken during your lunch wave today at the HOSA Future Health Professionals booth in the cafeteria for HOSA week!
  • There will be a meeting for all those interested in girls indoor track & field on Wednesday, November 7th right after school in G289. All those interested must have an up to date physical and complete all forms through family ID prior to tryouts. If you cannot attend please see coach Fraticelli in G289.
  • Come find out about the 3x defending Connecticut State champion boys Indoor Track and Field team.  There will be a meeting this Thursday, November 8th at 2:05 in the DHS cafeteria. If you can not make it see coach Murray in his office located in the boys PE locker room.
  • There will be a meeting for all those interested in trying out for the Boys Swim team on Thursday, November 8th, at 4:15 in Room E255.
  • In remembrance of the recent tragedy in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania the National Social Studies Honor Society is inviting you and your families to a candlelight vigil tonight, Wednesday, November 7th, at 7pm on the Danbury City Center Green. Come for an evening with food trucks, music, and friends while paying your respects to the victims of this tragedy. We hope to see you there!

MONDAY,  NOVEMBER 5, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• JV Football HOME vs. Fairfield Ludlowe – 5:00

College Visits to the Career Center

• 11/5/18    Monday Manhattanville College Block 4 @   1:17

General Announcements

• Did you know that 95% of Children and adults lack self-confidence? Look for the HOSA Future Health Professionals booth during your lunch wave today to share your positivity for HOSA week!
  • Come find out about the 3 x defending Connecticut State champion boys Indoor Track and Field team.  There will be a meeting this Thursday November 8th at 2:05 in the DHS cafeteria. If you can not make it see coach Murray in his office located in the boys PE locker room.
  • The Candlelight vigil, hosted by the National Social Studies Honor Society, scheduled for this evening has been postponed to Wed. Nov. 7th due to expected inclement weather.
  • In remembrance of the recent tragedy in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania the National Social Studies Honor Society is inviting you and your families to a candlelight vigil Wednesday, November 7th, at 7pm on the Danbury City Center Green. Come for an evening with food trucks, music, and friends while paying your respects to the victims of this tragedy. We hope to see you there!

FRIDAY,  NOVEMBER 2, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• FR Football HOME vs. Fairfield Ludlowe – 4:00

College Visits to the Career Center

• 11/2/18 Friday Sacred Heart University Block 3 @ 11:04

General Announcements

• Watch today’s VPC Live, DHS’ Student News Broadcast using the following link during or after our show. https://youtu.be/VterM9OTUA8
  • All field trip forms for the college fair to the University of Bridgeport scheduled for November 7th, are due to Ms. Rodriguez in the level 4 office by TODAY.
  • JV Cheerleading tryouts will start Monday, November 5th at 5:30pm. You must register with Family ID and you must have a current physical on file with the nurse. Please see Mrs. Tatarzycki in E257 with any questions.
  • The annual Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) dodgeball tournament will be on Friday, Nov. 16th at 2:30. Each player is asked to pay a $ 5.00 entry fee and registration forms will be available in room C339.  Get your entry form and fees in as soon as possible.
  • There will be make up pictures being taken all day long in the black box TODAY. Please feel free to stop down during a free period to have your photo taken if you have not had a chance to do so yet this year. Each photo will come with a lovely new ID card as well.
  • DHS Marching Band is hosting the USBands New England Regional Championships tomorrow at DHS.  Come support your marching band as they take the field in competition against some of the best high school bands from Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.  Gate opens at 4pm.
  • Video Production Club is cancelled today after school.
  • In remembrance of the recent tragedy in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania the National Social Studies Honor Society is inviting you and your families to a candlelight vigil on Monday, November 6th, at 7 pm at the Danbury City Center Green. Come for an evening with food trucks, music, and friends while paying your respects to the victims of this tragedy. We hope to see you there!
  • Spanish Translation: Los invitamos a que vengan a apoyar a las víctimas de la sinagoga de Tree of Life en Pittsburgh con el Rho Kappa de DHS este lunes a las 7 pm en el Danbury City Center Green. Va a haber comida y música, esperamos verlos ahí!
  • Thank you to everyone who participated in the BOG costume contest! Winners, please remember to come to the main office today to claim your prize!

THURSDAY,  NOVEMBER 1, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• Boys & Girls Cross Country AWAY @ the C.I.A.C. State Open Championships – 2:00 – bus leaves at 10:15
  • V Boys Soccer AWAY vs. Trumbull at the FCIAC Championships being held at Norwalk HS – 7:00 – bus leaves at 4:45
  • V Football AWAY @ Fairfield Ludlowe – 6:00 – buses leave at 3:15

Information for the Boys Soccer FCIAC Final TODAY:

College Visits to the Career Center

• 11/1/18 Thursday SUNY College at Oneonta Block 3 @ 11:04

General Announcements

• All field trip forms for the college fair to the University of
  • Bridgeport scheduled for November 7th, are due to Ms. Rodriguez in the level 4 office by Friday, November 2nd.
  • Class of 2022:  Please text @2022ftw to 810-10 to join your graduating class’ Remind account.  We will be sending important updates and information through Remind!
  • Dues can be paid to Ms. English (G395) or Mr. Pascarelli (G393).  Dues are $25/year ($100 total), or you can pay at the reduced rate of $80, only if dues are paid in full by the end of Freshman year.  
  • Please see Ms. English or Mr. Pascarelli if you would like to be considered for the Executive Council, to work alongside your class officers and advisors to help make decisions for your class!
  • Attention students – there will be a spectator bus going to Norwalk tonight for the Boys Soccer FCIAC Championship game. Please stop by the athletic office, E257, to pick up a permission slip and sign up. The cost is $3.00. You must return the permission slip and payment by 11 am today.
  • The Young Republicans will meet after school TODAY, 11/1 in D268. New members welcome!
  • GSA meeting today cancelled – See you next week
  • Interested in K-pop or Asian food? Join the Asian Club to learn more about the many Asian cultures. Our first meeting is today after school in room D479. You don’t have to be Asian to join. Food will be served.
  • There will be make up pictures being taken all day long in the black box on Friday, November 2. Please feel free to stop down during a free period to have your photo taken if you have not had a chance to do so yet this year. Each photo will come with a lovely new ID card as well.
  • DHS Marching Band is hosting the USBands New England Regional Championships this Saturday at DHS.  Come support your marching band as they take the field in competition against some of the best high school bands from Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Rhode Island.  Gate opens at 4pm.

WEDNESDAY,  OCTOBER 31, 2018

No Athletic Events Today

Information for the Boys Soccer FCIAC Final on Thursday 11/1:

College Visits to the Career Center:

• 11/1/18 Thursday University of New England Block 2 @   9:15

General Announcements:

• The weight room will be closed in the morning on Thursday, November 1st.
  • Seniors: there are only a few days left to have your senior portrait taken. If you are interested, please be sure to call the photo company directly at 1-800-426-9533 for an appointment or simply go during the time that is sent to you for an appointment. If you do not have your portrait taken now, you will not be in this year’s book.
  • Class of 2022:  Please text [email protected] to join your graduating class’ Remind account.  We will be sending important updates and information through Remind!
  • Attention students – there will be a spectator bus going to Norwalk tomorrow night for the Boys Soccer FCIAC Championship game. Please stop by the athletic office, E257, to pick up a permission slip and sign up. The cost is $3.00. You must return the permission slip and payment by 11 am Thursday.
  • The Young Republicans will meet after school TOMORROW, 11/1 in D268. New members welcome!
  • Interested in K-pop or Asian food? Join the Asian Club to learn more about the many Asian cultures. Our first meeting is Tomorrow after school in room D479. You don’t have to be Asian to join. Food will be served!
  • The BOG is having a costume contest today. Submit a picture to our twitter @DanburyBOG. No masks are allowed. The top three costumes will win prizes!
  • Any girls interested in playing lacrosse in the spring, our first team meeting will be today at 3:00 pm in room E255. The meeting should last no longer than 30 minutes.

TUESDAY,  OCTOBER 30, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• Girls Swimming AWAY @ Greenwich in the FCIAC Trials – 5:30 – bus leaves at 3:00

College Visits to the Career Center:

General Announcements:

• Western Connecticut State University has more openings for their on site decision day at Danbury High School on December 13, 2018 from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm.  If you are interested in attending Western Connecticut State University, sign up for an appointment in the Career Center.
  • Attention students – there will be a spectator bus going to Norwalk this Thursday night for the Boys Soccer FCIAC Championship game. Please stop by the athletic office, E257, to pick up a permission slip and sign up. The cost is $3.00.
  • The Young Republicans will meet after school on Thursday 11/1 in D268. New members welcome!
  • JV cheerleading tryouts will start Monday, November 5th at 5:30pm. You must register with Family ID and you must have a current physical on file with the nurse. Please see Mrs. Tatarzycki in E257 with any questions.
  • All DECA members and those still interested, there will be a meeting today after school in C340. Hope you can come!
  • Interested in K-pop or Asian food? Join the Asian Club to learn more about the many Asian cultures. Our first meeting is Thursday after school in room D479. You don’t have to be Asian to join. Food will be served!
  • The BOG will be having a costume contest tomorrow. Wear an appropriate costume to school, and submit a picture to our twitter @DanburyBOG. No masks are allowed. The top three costumes will win prizes!
  • The annual Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) dodgeball tournament will be on Friday, Nov. 16, 2018 in the main gym, starting at 2:30.  Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 2 games, and teams are composed of 10 players, (8 players with two subs). Each player is asked to pay a $ 5.00 entry fee and registration forms will be available on Monday, Oct. 29th, 2018 in Room C339.  Please start forming your teams now and be sure to get your entry form and fees in as soon as possible.
  • Attention all AP students: today is the LAST DAY to register and return your AP contract to your teachers.  If the contract and your registration are not completed by today you will be withdrawn from your class. If you have any concerns please discuss with your teacher.
  • Any girls interested in playing lacrosse in the spring, our first team meeting will be tomorrow at 3:00 pm in room E255. The meeting should last no longer than 30 minutes.

MONDAY,  OCTOBER 29, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• JV Football HOME vs. Norwalk – 5:30
  • Boys Soccer AWAY vs. Fairfield Ludlowe in the FCIAC Semifinals at Ludlowe – 5:00 – bus leaves at 3:00.

College Visits to the Career Center: 

• 10/29/18    Monday    Albertus Magnus College        Block 3 @ 12:09
  • 11/1/18    Thursday    University of New Haven        Block 2 @   9:15
  • 11/1/18    Thursday    SUNY College at Oneonta        Block 3 @ 11:04
  • 11/2/18    Friday    Sacred Heart University                Block 3 @ 11:04

General Announcements:

• Come support the varsity Boys Soccer team as they play Semi Finals: Tickets will be $5 students and $8 adults. You may purchase tickets online in advance to avoid the ticket lines at the semi’s and finals of the game you are going to see. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fciac-boys-soccer-semi-finals-tickets-50173244525  FCIAC championship long sleeve tee shirts with names on the back will be sold for $25.
  • The BOG will be having a costume contest on Wednesday the 31st! Wear an appropriate costume to school, and submit a picture to our twitter @DanburyBOG. No masks are allowed. The top three costumes will win prizes!
  • The annual Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) dodgeball tournament will be on Friday, Nov. 16, 2018 in the main gym, starting at 2:30.  Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 2 games, and teams are composed of 10 players, (8 players with two subs).  Each player is asked to pay a $ 5.00 entry fee and registration forms will be available on Monday, Oct. 29th, 2018 in Room C339.  Please start forming your teams now and be sure to get your entry form and fees in as soon as possible.
  • Attention all AP students: there are 2 days left to register and return your AP contract to your teachers.  If the contract and your registration are not completed by Oct 30th you will be withdrawn from your class. If you have any concerns please discuss with your teacher.
  • Any girls interested in playing lacrosse in the spring, our first team meeting will be Wednesday, October 31 at 3:00 pm in room E295. The meeting should last no longer than 30 minutes.
  • An informational session about DHS Productions STAGE CREW is scheduled for Wednesday, October 31 during flex. Anyone interested in working on our spring musical, Godspell, should sign up for this flex or see Mr. Morgan with questions.
  • FairfieldLive is the official live streaming partner of the FCIAC.  They will be streaming live (and also be available on demand) both the FCIAC boys soccer semi-finals and the girls FCIAC soccer semi-finals on Monday, Oct. 29 starting at 5:00 pm.  Go to FCIAC.net and link to LocalLive on the upper right corner or you can go to fairfield.live to view the free streaming of the games.
  • If you would like to hear more from me and some other performers, please come to the Freshman Forum tonight at 6pm in the auditorium.

FRIDAY,  OCTOBER 26, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• V Boys Soccer HOME vs. Brien McMahon in the FCIAC Quarterfinals – 4:00
  • Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Trumbull – JV 4:00 V 5:30
  • Boys & Girls Cross Country AWAY @ the Class LL State Championships – 10:20 – bus leaves at 6:45
  • V Football [email protected] Norwalk – 7:0 – buses leave at 4:15
  • FR Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Trumbull – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

Athletic Events for Saturday:

• Girls Swim AWAY @ the JV FCIAC Championships  2:30 – bus leaves at 10:40

College Visits to the Career Center:

• 10/26/18    Friday     Western Connecticut State Univ    Block 3 @ 11:30
  • 10/26/18    Friday    Westfield State University        Block 4 @   1:30
  • 11/2/18    Friday    Sacred Heart University        Block 3 @ 11:04

General Announcements:

• Come to the Career Center to sign up for an appointment with Naugatuck Valley Community College On-Site Decision Day, December 11, 2018, interviews start at 8:45.
  • The SAT prep class scheduled for Saturday is postponed. Make ups will be Monday and Tuesday starting at 2:10.
  • The Leo Club is meeting after school today in C337. New members are always welcome.
  • Attention all AP students: there are 5 days left to register and return your AP contract to your teachers.  If the contract and your registration are not completed by Oct 30th you will be withdrawn from your class. If you have any concerns please discuss with your teacher.
  • Auditions for Tri-M, or National Music Honors Society, will take place TODAY after school in room A302-A(piano room). See Mrs McKenzie with any questions.
  • CONGRATULATIONS to BRENDA M,  the winner of the School-Based Health Center Contest regarding stress.  Please stop by the School based health center to pick up your prize.

THURSDAY,  OCTOBER 25, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• Boys & Girls Cross Country AWAY @ Tarrywile at the FR Invitational – 4:00 – buses leave at 2:10
  • FR Football HOME vs. Norwalk – 4:30
  • JV Girls Soccer AWAY @ New Fairfield – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:45

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/26/18    Friday Western Connecticut State Univ Block 3 @ 11:30
  • 10/26/18 Friday Westfield State University Block 4 @   1:30
  • 10/29/18    Monday Albertus Magnus College Block 3 @ 12:09
  • 11/1/18 Thursday University of New Haven Block 2 @   9:15

General Announcements

• Attention all AP students: there are 6 days left to register and return your AP contract to your teachers.  If the contract and your registration are not completed by Oct 30th you will be withdrawn from your class. If you have any concerns please discuss with your teacher.
  • Come and join the ROTC in the gym on October 30th from 7:30-12:30 for our annual Blood Drive.  Sign-up with our volunteers at the Blood Drive table in the cafeteria.
  • Auditions for Tri-M, or National Music Honors Society, will take place TOMORROW after school in room A302-A(piano room). See Mrs McKenzie with any questions.

WEDNESDAY,  OCTOBER 24, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• Field Hockey HOME vs. Thomaston – JV 4:00 V 5:30
  • FR Boys Soccer AWAY @ New Milford – 3:30 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • Girls Swim AWAY @ Trumbull – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Abbott Tech – JV 3:45 V 5:15 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center:

• 10/24/18    Wednesday Muhlenberg College            FLEX @ 10:18
  • 10/26/18    Friday    Westfield State University        Block 4 @ 1:30

General Announcements:

• Save the Children, Hurricane Maria Children’s Relief Fundraiser  will be held on November 3rd from 5-7pm at Danbury Duck Pin Lanes. Your $12 donation gets  you 2 games, shoe rental, 2 slices of pizza, and a water. Sign up in C437, or  during Lunch Wave 2.
  • If you are interested in becoming an officer for the Asian Club, please come to our informational meeting today after school in D479
  • Attention all AP students: there are 7 days left to register and return your AP contract to your teachers.  If the contract and your registration are not completed by Oct 30th you will be withdrawn from your class. If you have any concerns please discuss with your teacher.
  • Auditions for Tri-M, or National Music Honors Society, will take place Friday, Oct 26th after school in room A302-A(piano room). See Mrs McKenzie with any questions.
  • Attention al freshmen! This year’s freshman forum will take place on Mon Oct 29th. Doors open at 5:30pm. Learn about the impact of teen substance abuse. Earn a homework pass and a chance to win a pizza party! Stop by Level 4 office for more information.

TUESDAY,  OCTOBER 23, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• Boys Soccer HOME vs. Trumbull – JV 4:00 V 6:00
  • FR Girls Soccer HOME vs. Trumbull – 4:00
  • Boys Cross Country AWAY @ the Wilton JV meet -4:00 – bus leaves at 2:00
  • FR Boys Soccer AWAY @ Trumbull – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • Field Hockey AWAY @ Wilton – JV 4:00 V 6:00 – bus leaves at 3:00

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/24/18 Wednesday Muhlenberg College FLEX @ 10:18
  • 10/26/18 Friday Westfield State University Block 4 @ 1:30

General Announcements 

• If you are interested in becoming an officer for the Asian Club, please come to our informational meeting tomorrow after school in D479.
  • Do you like classic films? Do you want to learn how to deal with stress? Do you like to play chess? If so, check out the DHS website to see what extension activities are being offered in this weeks FLEX.
  • Attention all AP students: there are 8 days left to register and return your AP contract to your teachers.  If the contract and your registration are not completed by Oct 30th you will be withdrawn from your class. If you have any concerns please discuss with your teacher.
  • Not unlike Dracula…JROTC wants to take your blood.  Except we want it to save lives…a single pint can literally save a life.  If you have the guts and aren’t afraid of a little needle, come and join us in the gym on October 30th from 7:30-12:30.  Sign-up with our volunteers at the Blood Drive table in the cafeteria.

MONDAY,  OCTOBER 22, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• FR Field Hockey HOME vs. Wilton – 6:00
  • FR Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Greenwich – 4:00
  • Girls Soccer AWAY @ Trumbull – JV 4:00 V 6:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Greenwich – V 4:30 JV 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:45

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/22/18  Monday Fashion Institute of Design & Block 3 @ 11:04 Merchandising (FIDM)
  • 10/23/18 Tuesday University of New Haven Block 1  @ 8:00
  • 10/24/18 Wednesday Muhlenberg College FLEX @ 10:1810/26/18
  • Friday Western Connecticut State University Block 3 @ 11:30

General Announcements

• Congratulations to the Danbury Girls Cross Country team for their first ever FCIAC title! Congratulations to Lauren Moore, May-lee Cree, Daniella Grullon, Sarah Johnson, Cassandra Sturdevant, Alex Shaker, Valerie Fox and Vivian Mendez for earning ALL FCIAC honors!
  • Congratulations to the boys cross country team for their 2nd place finish in the Fairfield County Interscholastic Conference Championship.  The team was lead by three 1st team all FCIAC runners Jack Watson 8th, Malcolm Going 9th, Jacob Hefele 11th and Ryan Caldwell 15th. Aidan Byrne was 2nd team all FCIAC with his 24th place finish.  The team heads to the State Championship this week as the 5th ranked team in Connecticut.
  • Attention all AP students: there are 9 days left to register and return your AP contract to your teachers.  If the contract and your registration are not completed by Oct 30th you will be withdrawn from your class. If you have any concerns please discuss with your teacher.

FRIDAY,  OCTOBER 19, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• FR Boys soccer HOME vs. Wright Tech – 3:45
  • Field Hockey HOME vs. Norwalk – V 4:00 JV 5:30
  • Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Wilton – V 4:30 JV 5:45
  • V Football AWAY @ Trumbull – 7:00 – buses leave at 4:30
  • FR Field Hockey AWAY @ Norwalk – 5:15 – bus leaves at 3:30
  • FR Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Wilton – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

Athletic Events for Saturday:

• JV Football HOME vs. Trumbull – 2:00

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/22/18  Monday Fashion Institute of Design & Block 3 @ 11:04       Merchandising (FIDM)
  • 10/26/18      Friday Western Connecticut State University Block 3 @ 11:30

General Announcements

• Attention all AP students: there are 11 days left to register and return your AP contract to your teachers.  If the contract and your registration are not completed by Oct 30th you will be withdrawn from your class. If you have any concerns please discuss with your teacher.
  • Boys Basketball Meeting TODAY in G290 from 2:20 to 2:40.  Anyone interested in playing must attend. If you can not make it, see Coach Bock.
  • Not unlike Dracula…JROTC wants to take your blood.  Except we want it to save lives…a single pint can literally save a life.  If you have the guts and aren’t afraid of a little needle, come and join us in the gym on October 30th from 7:30-12:30.  Sign-up with our volunteers in cafeteria.”
  • All underclassmen photos today have been cancelled.  They will be rescheduled.

THURSDAY,  OCTOBER 18, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• FR Football HOME vs. Trumbull – 4:00
  • FR Boys Soccer HOME vs. Greenwich – 4:00
  • Boys & Girls Cross Country AWAY @ the FCIAC Championships in New Canaan – buses leave at 11:15
  • Boys Soccer [email protected] Greenwich – V 4:15 JV 4:30 – bus leaves at 2:45
  • V Girls Soccer AWAY @ Trinity Catholic – 4:30 – bus leaves at 2:45
  • Girls Swim AWAY @ Norwalk/Brien McMahon – 6:00 – bus leaves at 4:15

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/18/18 Thursday Naugatuck Valley CC Block 3 @ 11:00
  • 10/22/18      Monday Fashion Institute of Design &         Block 3 @ 11:04
  • Merchandising (FIDM)
  • 10/26/18 Friday Western Connecticut State University Block 3 @ 11:30

General Annoucements

• Attention all AP students: there are 12 days left to register and return your AP contract to your teachers.  If the contract and your registration are not completed by Oct 30th you will be withdrawn from your class. If you have any concerns please discuss with your teacher.
  • Students, if you were not here for underclassmen picture day, please make your way to the black box TOMORROW to have your picture taken during lunch or study hall. Please do not go during one of your classes. Again, picture retakes are this Friday in the Black Box, all day.
  • Science National Honor Society and Science Club will having a meeting TODAY after school in C529. Light refreshments will be served.
  • The Young Republicans will meet after school TODAY in room D268. New members welcome!
  • Are you interested in pursuing a career in business? Join DECA!  To learn more, come to C340 TODAY, right after school. Refreshments will be served.
  • All those interested in trying out for the JV cheerleading team, there will be a meeting this afternoon, at 2:15 in room E255.
  • All those interested in wrestling, there will be a meeting Today at 2:15 in the New gym.
  • Boys Basketball Meeting TOMORROW in G290 from 2:20 to 2:40.  Anyone interested in playing must attend. If you can not make it, see Coach Bock.
  • Elections for Freshmen Executive Council will be held on October 25th during flex. Run for a position as President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer to positively represent the Class of 2022, and have a say in what is going on at DHS! If you are a freshman interested in running, please pick up an application from the Main or D4 office. Applications will be due in the C3 mailbox, or directly to Ms. Calafiore in room C340 by TODAY, October 18th. NO late applications will be accepted.
  • Do you want to work on your leadership skills? Are you interested in helping the immigrant community? Join the Voices of Freedom Club. The club meets this afternoon from 2:15 – 3:15 pm in Mrs. Hankin-Williams room D279. All are welcome.

WEDNESDAY,  OCTOBER 17, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• JV Girls Soccer HOME vs. Greenwich – 4:30
  • Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Trinity Catholic – V 4:00 JV 5:30

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/18/18 Thursday Meredith College Block 2 @ 8:49

General Announcements:

• Come to the Career Center to sign up for an appointment with Naugatuck Valley Community College On-Site Decision Day, October 18, 2018, interviews start at 11:00.
  • Students, if you were not here for underclassmen picture day, please make your way to the black box on Friday to have your picture taken during lunch or study hall. Please do not go during one of your classes. Again, picture retakes are this Friday in the Black Box, all day.
  • Science National Honor Society and Science Club will having a meeting this Thursday October 18th after school in C529. Light refreshments will be served.
  • The Young Republicans will meet after school on Thursday, 10/18 in room D268. New members welcome!
  • Are you interested in pursuing a career in business? Join DECA!  To learn more, come to C340 on Thursday, Oct 18th, right after school. Refreshments will be served.
  • All those interested in trying out for the JV cheerleading team, there will be a meeting Thursday, October 18, at 2:15 in room E255.
  • All those interested in wrestling, there will be a meeting Thursday, October 18, at 2:15 in the New gym.
  • Boys Basketball Meeting Friday in G290 from 2:20 to 2:40.  Anyone interested in playing must attend. If you can not make it, see Coach Bock.
  • The Diamond Club will have a meeting Today, Oct 17th at 6:30pm in E251. All are welcome.
  • Elections for Freshmen Executive Council will be held on October 25th during flex. Run for a position as President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer to positively represent the Class of 2022, and have a say in what is going on at DHS! If you are a freshman interested in running, please pick up an application from the Main or D4 office. Applications will be due in the C3 mailbox, or directly to Ms. Calafiore in room C340 by TOMORROW, October 18th. NO late applications will be accepted.
  • Do you want to work on your leadership skills? Are you interested in helping the immigrant community? Join the Voices of Freedom Club. The club meets every Thursday from 2:15 – 3:15 pm in Mrs. Hankin-Williams room D279. All are welcome.

TUESDAY,  OCTOBER 16, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• FR Field Hockey HOME vs. Westhill – 4:00
  • Girls Soccer HOME vs. Greenwich – JV 4:00 V 6:00
  • Field Hockey AWAY @ Westhill – V 4:00 JV 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • FR Girls Soccer AWAY @ Greenwich – 4:30 – bus leaves at 2:45

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/16/18 Tuesday Lafayette College Block 3  @ 10:30
  • 10/16/18 Tuesday Ohio Wesleyan University Block 4 @12:24

General Announcements:

• All those interested in trying out for the JV cheerleading team-there will be a meeting Thursday, October 18, at 2:15 in room E255.
  • All those interested in wrestling-there will be a meeting Thursday, October 18, at 2:15 in the New gym.
  • The Girls Basketball meeting today will be at 1:15 in the downstairs girls locker room, not at 2:15.
  • The Diamond Club will have a meeting Tomorrow, Oct 17th at 6:30pm in E251. All are welcome.
  • The League of Women Voters will be here Today, October 16, from 11-1:15 in the cafeteria to register students to vote. Students who are US citizens and will be age 18 by November 6 are eligible to vote in these important mid term elections. You will need to have either your drivers license number or the last 4 digits of your social security number in order to register.

MONDAY,  OCTOBER 15, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• V & JV Boys Soccer HOME vs. Wilton – 4:30
  • FR Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Kennedy Catholic-Somers – 4:30
  • FR Boys Soccer AWAY @ Wilton – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Bridgeport Central – JV 4:00 V 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • All those interested in trying out for the JV cheerleading team-there will be a meeting this Thursday, October 18, at 2:15 in room E255
  • All those interested in wrestling-there will be a meeting this Thursday, October 18, at 2:15 in the New gym.

College Visits to the Career Center

General Announcements:

• The University of New Haven On-Site Decision day is Tuesday, November 13th and the University of Hartford On-Site Decision day is Thursday, November 15th, come to the Career Center and SIGN-UP for an appointment.
  • Western Connecticut State University will be hosting an on site decision day on Thursday, December  13, 2018 from 8:30 am to 2:00 pm. If you are interested in attending the Western Connecticut State University, sign up for an appointment in the Career Center.
  • Congratulations to our own Lindsey Bieber for winning third place in the Richter Arts Annual Juried Show! Check out all the artwork this week and support the Richter House and the arts! See Mrs. Noone for more details.
  • Attention chess players. The first meeting of the DHS Chess team is TODAY after school in C540. If you have an interest in learning to improve your thinking and would like to learn to beat your friends at chess, come see Mr. Parker and Dr. Reese after school monday in C540.
  • The Diamond Club will have a meeting on Wednesday, Oct 17th at 6:30pm in E251. All are welcome.
  • The class advisors would like to thank all the staff for their help and support at both seniorfest and the senior portrait. We had 367 students at seniorfest and 628 show up for the senior portrait. It takes a lot of coordination and help to make those events happen, and we could not have done it without you.
  • To the class of 2019, thank you for being so wonderful. We are so thankful for your appreciation of seniorfest, and even more so for your maturity on senior portrait day. The cafe was humid and busy, yet you were all mature and congenial in your dispositions. It is an honor to be your advisers. Thank you to all, again, and we look forward to seeing you at the next event!
  • The League of Women Voters will be here on Tuesday, October 16, from 11-1:15 in the cafeteria to register students to vote. Students who are US citizens and will be age 18 by November 6 are eligible to vote in these important mid term elections. You will need to have either your drivers license number or the last 4 digits of your social security number in order to register.
  • AP Spanish Independent Study Program for ESL Students
  • (Spanish Translation): Los estudiantes de ESL que quieren ir a la universidad y que están interesados en tomar el examen de Colocación Avanzada de Español como estudio independiente deben registrarse el Lunes con sus maestros de Flex para asistir a una sesión de orientación obligatoria el Jueves 18 de Octubre o el Jueves 25 de Octubre durante FLEX en la sala D371. Para más información, contacte con Ms. Bilbao.
  • (English Translation): ESL students who want to go to college and who are interested in taking the Advanced Placement Spanish exam as an independent study must register on Monday with their Flex teachers to attend a mandatory orientation session on either Thursday, October 18 or Thursday, October 25 during FLEX in room D371. For more information, please contact Ms. Bilbao.

FRIDAY,  OCTOBER 12, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• V Boys Soccer HOME vs. Trinity Catholic – 4:00
  • Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Norwalk – V4:00 JV 5:30
  • FR Field Hockey AWAY @ New Canaan – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • FR Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Kennedy Catholic-Somers – 4:30 – bus leaves at 2:45

Athletic Events for Saturday:

• Field Hockey HOME vs. New Canaan – JV 1:30 V 3:00
  • FR Girls Soccer HOME vs. Wilton – 11:00
  • V & JV Girls Soccer AWAY @ Wilton – 9:00 – bus leaves at 7:30

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/12/18 Friday The University of Scranton Block 3 @ 11:04
  • 10/12/18 Friday St. Lawrence University Block 3 @12:41
  • 10/15/18   Monday Hampden-Sydney College Block 1 @ 8:45
  • 10/15/18 Monday University of Saint Joseph Block 2 @ 8:49
  • Do you have an interest in the fashion industry? Come join the Fashion Club in A211 TODAY after school until 3pm! All are welcome.
  • Attention chess players. The first meeting of the DHS Chess team is this Monday after school in C540. If you have an interest in learning to improve your thinking and would like to learn to beat your friends at chess, come see Mr. Parker and Dr. Reese after school monday in C540.
  • Are you interested in pursuing a career in business? Join DECA!  To learn more, come to C340 on Thursday, Oct 18th, right after school. Refreshments will be served.\
  • The Leo Club will be meeting today after school. Come find out about volunteering, leadership and building lasting friendships and connections. Meeting will be held in C337\
  • Did you know that: Cesar Chavez worked tirelessly and without fear for farmworker rights and earned bipartisan honors, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Bill Clinton and induction into the California Hall of Fame by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • This Monday, October 15th, students will celebrate the end of Spanish Heritage month by wearing the colors of their hispanic countries of origin. Flags and bandanas are not allowed.
  • ¿Sabías que…? César Chávez trabajó incansablemente por los derechos de los trabajadores agrícolas. Obtuvo honores bipartidistas, incluida la Medalla Presidencial de la Libertad bajo el gobierno del Presidente Bill Clinton y la incorporación al Salón de la Fama de California por el Gobernador Arnold Schwarzenegger.
  • Se celebrará la culminación del mes de la hispanidad este lunes 15 de octubre. Los estudiantes pueden vestir los colores de las banderas de los países de herencia hispana. No se permitirán banderas ni pañuelos.

THURSDAY,  OCTOBER 11, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• V Girls Soccer AWAY @ Trinity Catholic – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/11/18 Thursday   Pennsylvania State Univ Block 3 @ 11:04
  • 10/11/18 Thursday   College of Mount St Vincent Block 3 @ 11:36
  • 10/12/18 Friday Springfield College Block 2 @ 8:49

General Announcements:

• Do you want to work on your leadership skills? Are you interested in helping the immigrant community? Join the Voices of Freedom Club. The club meets TODAY from 2:15 – 3:15 pm in Mrs. Hankin-Williams room D279. All are welcome.
  • The National Math Honor Society will have its first meeting on TODAY after school in D167. Anyone who is interested in joining and new members, please attend!
  • Do you have an interest in the fashion industry? Come join the Fashion Club in A211 this Friday after school until 3pm! All are welcome.
  • The after school tutoring center will be held in the Library Learning Commons today from 2-4pm.
  • The Young Republicans will meet after school TODAY in D268. New members welcome!
  • The Geography team is looking for students to build a team to compete in a state wide competition against several other high schools.  The competition includes map reading activities, problem solving, Jeopardy style questions, and a compass based scavenger hunt around the college campus.  Competition is in late May and will be an all day field trip to Central Connecticut State University. If interested please join us in D377 after school today or see Mrs. Riter or Mr. Machado for details.  Thank you.
  • GSA will be meeting Thursday for a full meeting. Room D277. Please come to work. All are welcome.
  • Did you know that: -The Hispanic population of the United States as of July 1, 2017 was 58.9 million, making people of Hispanic origin the nation’s largest ethnic or racial minority. -Born in California, Ellen Ochoa was the first Hispanic woman to go to space when she served on a nine-day mission aboard the shuttle Discovery in 1993.
  • ¿Sabías que… A partir del 1 de julio de 2017 la población hispana de los Estados Unidos conforma la minoría étnica más grande del país. Los hispanos constituyen el 18,1 por ciento de la población total de la nación. Somos 58.9 millones. Ellen Ochoa, nacida en California, fue la primera mujer hispana en ir al espacio en una misión de nueve días a bordo del transbordador Discovery en 1993.

WEDNESDAY,  OCTOBER 10, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• FR Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Stamford – 4:00
  • Boys Soccer AWAY @ Bridgeport Central  JV 4:00 V 6:00 – buses leave at 2:15 and 4:15
  • Field Hockey AWAY @ Fairfield Warde – V 4:00 JV 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Stamford – V 4:00 JV 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/11/18 Thursday    Worcester Polytechnic Institute  Block 1 @ 7:20
  • 10/11/18 Thursday   Dickinson College Block 1 @ 8:00
  • 10/11/18 Thursday   Bryant University Block 2 @ 8:49
  • 10/11/18 Thursday    Mitchell College Block 2 @ 9:30

General Announcements:

• The Black Lives Matter club will be meeting  after school today in room D371A. New and returning members are welcome!
  • The National Math Honor Society will have its first meeting on Thursday Oct 11th after school in D167. Anyone who is interested in joining and new members, please attend!
  • Did you know?……Born in California, Ellen Ochoa was the first Hispanic woman to go to space when she served on a nine-day mission aboard the shuttle Discovery in 1993.
  • The Young Republicans will meet after school in D268 on Thursday, 10/11. New members welcome!
  • The Geography team is looking for students to build a team to compete in a state wide competition against several other high schools.  The competition includes map reading activities, problem solving, Jeopardy style questions, and a compass based scavenger hunt around the college campus.  Competition is in late May and will be an all day field trip to Central Connecticut State University. If interested please join us in D377 on October 11th or see Mrs. Riter or Mr. Machado for details.  Thank you.

TUESDAY,  OCTOBER 9, 2018

Athletic Events Today:

• Boys & Girls Cross Country HOME @ Tarrywile Park vs. Brien McMahon, Westhill and Fairfield Warde – 4:00 – buses leave at 2:15
  • Field Hockey HOME vs. Brien McMahon – V 4:00 JV 5:30
  • Girls Swimming AWAY @ Wilton – 3:40 – bus leaves at 1:45

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/9/18    Tuesday Grinnell College   Block 3 @ 11:04
  • 10/9/18 Tuesday Stonehill College Block 4 @ 1:14
  • 10/10/18 Wednesday    University of Oregon Block 2 @ 8:49

General Announcements

• Seniors, please report to the stadium TOMORROW  morning at 9:30. Please be prompt, the picture will not wait for you. Again, seniors, please report to the stadium no later than 9:30 on Wednesday.
  • Tomorrow, Wednesday, October 10th we will be conducting the PSAT 8/9 and the PSAT NMSQ for grades 9-11 students. This test is for ALL students in grades 9-11 regardless of how many years you have spent at DHS. Testing will begin promptly at 7:20 a.m. Testing assignments are done by alphabet and grade level and can be found outside the Level offices, and also in G2 and G3. Please make sure to get to school on time as students will not be allowed to enter testing once testing has began.
  • The DHS field hockey team will be be sponsoring their “Play For The Cure” game Today, October 9th, at 4:00 pm in the DHS stadium – there will be a bake sale, a 50/50 raffle as well as various give-away’s to Bagelman.  Please plan on attending and help us raise funds. Hope to see you there!
  • The Black Lives Matter club will be meeting  after school tomorrow in room D371A. New and returning members are welcome!
  • “Do you know what Hispanic Heritage Month is? Hispanic Heritage Month is a national effort to pay tribute to Hispanic  Americans who have contributed to and enriched the United States. Each year, Americans observe National Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15th to October 15th, by celebrating the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from hispanic backgrounds/countries.
  • Spanish Translation: ¿Sabes qué es el Mes de la Herencia Hispana? El mes de la herencia hispana es una celebración donde se rinde homenaje a los hispanoamericanos que han contribuido y enriquecido a los Estados Unidos. Entre el 15 de septiembre y el 15 de octubre se celebra la historia, la cultura y las contribuciones de los ciudadanos estadounidenses cuyos antepasados provienen de países hispanos.

THURSDAY,  OCTOBER 4, 2018

Athletic events today:

• Field Hockey HOME vs. Fairfield Ludlowe – V 4:00 JV 5:30
  • FR Boys Soccer HOME vs. Stamford – 4:00
  • FR Football AWAY @ Fairfield Warde – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:00
  • V and JV Boys Soccer AWAY @ Stamford – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • FR Field Hockey AWAY @ Fairfield Ludlowe – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/4/18 Thursday     Post University Block 3 @ 11:30
  • 10/11/18 Thursday    Worcester Polytechnic Institute      Block 1 @ 7:20
  • 10/11/18 Thursday   Pennsylvania State University Block 3 @ 11:04
  • 10/11/18 Thursday   College of Mount Saint Vincent Block 3 @ 11:36
  • 10/12/18 Friday Springfield College   Block 2 @ 8:49
  • 10/12/18 Friday The University of Scranton  Block 3 @ 11:04

General Announcements:

• The after school tutoring center is open this afternoon. Students can come to the LLC after school for tutoring by certified teachers. Students must report by 2:15pm. A late bus will be provided at 4pm to the elementary school closest to your home. https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/#inbox/16639ca271ac79f9?projector=1&messagePartId=0.1
  • Class of 2019, your officers welcome you to join in on the fun and activities at Senior Fest this Friday after school. Be there to show your support, sumo wrestle, and ride a mechanical bull.
  • The last day to sign up for the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) organization’s field trip to Lake Compounce is tomorrow, October 5th, 2018.  The event will take place next Friday, Oct. 12th – please meet in the lobby area at 3:15 p.m. – be sure to dress warm and bring extra money for dinner in the park.
  • The DHS field hockey team will be be sponsoring their “Play For The Cure” game next Tuesday, October 9th, at 4:00 pm in the DHS stadium – there will be a bake sale, a 50/50 raffle as well as various give-away’s to Bagelman.  Please plan on attending and help us raise funds. Hope to see you there!
  • Are you looking for volunteer opportunities in the community? Are you looking to create lasting friendships? If so, join the Leo Club. Our first meeting will be held after school on Friday, Oct 5th in C337. If you have any questions see Ms. Stence.
  • Any student wishing to apply for membership to the National Social Studies Honors Society can do so by this Friday.  Underclassmen are welcome to participate as Junior Historians! Upperclassmen are eligible for induction and membership with 2 years of completed history courses and a minimum 3.0 GPA.  Application forms are in the Department Head office, they can also be found on our club’s google classroom. Application forms and $15 are due by Friday 10/5. Those of you who signed up for the club meeting on Friday during Flex, we will be selecting our date for induction.
  • The National  Hispanic College Fair, Inc will host a college fair at the University of Bridgeport on November 7th from 9:00 am until 12:30pm. There will be over fifty colleges and universities in attendance. Any junior or senior students interested in attending, please see Ms. Rodriguez in the level 4 office to pick up a field trip form.
  • NHS will be holding a fundraiser for Save the Children, Hurricane Maria Children’s Relief Fund. Please come out and support the children on November 3rd from 5-7pm at Danbury Duck Pin Lanes. With your donation of $12, you get 2 games, shoe rental, 2 slices of pizza, and a water. To sign up, bring an envelope with your name, number of guests, and money to Ms. Mesanovic’s room, C437, or you can sign up during Lunch Wave 2 the first week in October. Spaces are limited, so sign up quickly.

SAT tutoring dates:  

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3, 2018

Athletic events today:

• Girls Swimming HOME @ WCSU vs. Ridgefield  4:30 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Brien McMahon – V 4:00 JV 5:30
  • V and JV Girls Soccer AWAY @ St. Joseph – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center:

• 10/4/18 Thursday Post University Block 3 @ 11:30

General Announcements:

• The after school tutoring center opens this afternoon. Students can come to the LLC after school for tutoring by certified teachers. Students must report by 2:15pm. A late bus will be provided at 4pm to the elementary school closest to your home.
  • https://mail.google.com/mail/ca/u/0/#inbox/16639ca271ac79f9?projector=1&messagePartId=0.1
  • Seniors! Seniors! Seniors! Senior fest is this Friday from 2pm – 4pm in the Courtyard. There’ll be an obstacle course, cotton candy, and…we have sumo suits!! You’ll look like Kanye & Lil Pump, but 1000% times cooler. See you Friday in the Courtyard, seniors! It’s free if you paid your dues, $5 if you haven’t.
  • Attention students and faculty- The club fair will now be held on October 26th during all lunch waves. This will be your opportunity to learn about all of the clubs and organizations here at DHS.
  • Come join the Key Club! Members can participate in our annual pumpkinfest, TOP soccer events and more. Come see how you can make a difference in the community. Our meetings will be after school on Wednesdays beginning today, Oct 3rd, in D167. All are welcome!
  • The Young Republicans will meet after school on Thursday, 10/4 in D268. New members welcome!
  • Applications to run for Freshman Executive Council are available in the D4 or main office . If you would like to run for a position as Freshman class President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer your application must be submitted to Ms. Calafiore in C340 or the BOG mailbox in C3 by October 18th. No late applications will be accepted.
  • See the following link for free SAT prep available starting Oct 17th during tutoring center after school hours.
  • SAT tutoring dates:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-SYRgH4429pyor88mZKST8-F_fEOqfMWRX3X0yqVXms/edit

TUESDAY,  OCTOBER 2, 2018

Athletic events today:

• FR Field Hockey HOME vs. Greenwich – 4:00
  • V and JV Girls Soccer HOME vs. Stamford – 4:00
  • Boys & Girls Cross Country AWAY @ Greenwich – 4:00 – buses leave at 1:20
  • Field Hockey AWAY @ Greenwich – V 4:30 JV 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:45

College Visits to the Career Center:

• 10/2/18 Tuesday Southern CT State Univ Block 3 @ 11:36
  • 10/3/18 Wednesday Northeastern University Block 1 @ 7:20
  • 10/3/18 Wednesday University of Connecticut Block 2 @ 8:49

General Announcements:

• If you are interested in playing on the Girls Ice Hockey team, please see Mr. Salvestrini in the Athletic office, E257, by this Friday.
  • Students who want to complete class work in the library during FLEX must be scheduled in one of three library flex courses. Those courses are Silent Study, Group Project work, or Library Skills.
  • Attention Seniors! It is time to nominate your friends for superlatives! Please check your school email for the link to a google form and the directions to nominate. Nominations will close TODAY, 10/2 at 2pm.
  • Come join the Key Club! Members can participate in our annual pumpkinfest, TOP soccer events and more. Come see how you can make a difference in the community. Our meetings will be after school on Wednesdays beginning tomorrow, Oct 3rd, in D167. All are welcome!

MONDAY,  OCTOBER 1, 2018

Athletic events today:

• JV Football HOME vs. Capital Prep/Achievement – 5:00
  • FR Boys Soccer HOME vs. Fairfield Warde – 4:00
  • Girls Volleyball HOME vs. St. Joseph – V 4:30 JV 6:00
  • V and JV Boys Soccer AWAY @ Fairfield Warde – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • FR Girls Volleyball AWAY @ St. Joseph – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center

• 10/1/18  Monday High Point University    Block 3 @ 11.:15
  • 10/1/18 Monday     Lasell College               Block 3 @ 12:09
  • 10/2/18 Tuesday     Southern CT State Univ Block 3 @ 11:36

General Announcements

• The University of Hartford will be hosting an on site decision day on November 15, 2018 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.  If you are interested in attending the University of Hartford, sign up for an appointment in the Career Center.
  • Attention Seniors! It is time to nominate your friends for superlatives! Please check your school email for the link to a google form and the directions to nominate. Nominations will close Tuesday, 10/2 at 2pm.
  • The DHS School Counseling Department will be hosting a Financial Aid Night on Monday, October 1st at 6:00pm in the DHS Auditorium. Please attend to hear in-depth information regarding the college financial aid process. Please see your School Counselor with any questions.

FRIDAY,  SEPTEMBER 28, 2018

Athletic events today:

• V Football HOME vs. Capital Prep/Achievement – 7:00
  • V and JV Boys Soccer HOME vs. Brien McMahon – 3:45
  • FR Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Darien – 4:00
  • FR Boys Soccer AWAY @ Brien McMahon – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Darien – V 4:00 JV 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:15

Athletic Events for Saturday:

• Field Hockey HOME vs. Darien – JV 9:30 V 11:00
  • V and JV Girls Soccer HOME vs. Fairfield Warde – 1:30
  • FR Field Hockey AWAY @ Darien – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • FR Girls Soccer AWAY @ Fairfield Warde – 10:00 – bus leaves at 8:15

College Visits to the Career Center

• 9/28/18 Friday Eastern CT State Univ Block 3 @ 9:28
  • 9/28/18 Friday University of Vermont Block 4 @ 10:58
  • 10/1/18    Monday     High Point University    Block 3 @ 11.:15

General Announcements: 

• The boys cross country team is currently ranked 4th in the Sound Runner CT State Poll.
  • This year’s “Into the Woods” Homecoming dance will be TOMORROW, Sat, Sept 29th from 7-11 in the cafeteria! Tickets are $17 and include ice cream, popcorn,soft pretzel food truck, photo booth, and great music! Tickets are on sale in the cafe during all lunch waves.
  • Halloween is right around the corner!  Come experience the Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard on Friday, Oct. 12th in Bristol, CT sponsored by the Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA). The bus will leave from the front lobby area at 3:30 p.m. and return by 11:30 p.m. The cost of the trip is $ 40.00 and it includes bus transportation, unlimited rides and admission to the haunted graveyard. Seats fill up quickly, stop into Room C339 to pick up a permission slip today.
  • Hatters Football Spirit Wear will be on sale tonight at the football game. Hoodies $40, long sleeve shirts $20 and short sleeve t-shirts $15. Come to the homecoming game at 7pm  and be part of The Revival! Go Hatters!
  • Help the Danbury HS Athletic Department raise funds for the Women’s Center of Greater Danbury!  Join the Hatter Teams and Band at the SafeWalk on September 30 at the Danbury Fair Mall. See a Danbury HS Fall Team or Band Captain  or any team or band member to make a donation. Donations can also be made at www.wcogd.org.
  • Ally Week  September 24- 28, 2018
  • What is an ally? An ally is a person who takes demonstrable action supporting members of a group with which they do not identify. GLSEN’s Ally Week focuses on allyship for LGBT youth, who face disproportionate bullying, harassment and discrimination in K-12 schools.  Be an upstander not a bystander. Thank you DHS! GSA

THURSDAY,  SEPTEMBER 27, 2018

Athletic events today:

• Boys & Girls Cross Country HOME @ Tarrywile Park vs. New Canaan, Norwalk and Stamford – 4:00 – buses leave at 2:15
  • FR Football AWAY @ Brookfield – 3:30 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center

• 9/28/18 Friday Sage College of Albany Block 2 @ 8:49

General Announcements:

• There will be an information meeting today  at 6:00 pm in room D276 for any student interested in traveling to Panama this summer.
  • This year’s “Into the Woods” Homecoming dance will be Sat, Sept 29th from 7-11 in the cafeteria! Tickets are $17 and include ice cream, popcorn,soft pretzel food truck, photo booth, and great music! Tickets are on sale in the cafe during all lunch waves.
  • It is almost AUDITION TIME! For all those interested in auditioning for Danbury High School Production’s spring musical, Godspell, there will be an informational meeting during FLEX on Wednesday October 3rd.  Please sign up with Mr. Burnett for Flex that day OR come directly after school to get the information you will need. Auditions will take place on Thursday October 18th. Please stop by A304 for more information.  Godspell is a fun, high energy show about building community.
  • Hatters Football Spirit Wear will be on sale tomorrow night at the football game. Hoodies $40, long sleeve shirts $20 and short sleeve t-shirts $15. Come to the homecoming game at 7pm  and be part of The Revival! Go Hatters!
  • The DHS School Counseling Department will be hosting a Financial Aid Night on October 1st at 6:00pm in the DHS Auditorium. Please attend to hear in-depth information regarding the college financial aid process. Please see your School Counselor with any questions.
  • Ally Week  September 24- 28, 2018
  • The Latino Club has a  meeting today Wednesday,  in room D370 at 2:05 pm. All are welcome!. For more information contact: Mr. Rojas
  • Spanish Translation: Latino Club se estará reuniendo hoy Miércoles, en el aula D370, a las 2:05 p.m. Todos son bienvenidos. Para más  información contactar a Mr. Rojas.
  • The next Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) meeting is tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 27th, in Room C339 at 2:10.  We hope to see you there!
  • Tri-M, The international Music Honors Society, will have its first informational meeting today, Sept. 27th in room A303(piano room). Join us to hear information on the exciting music related events that will be taking place this year.

WEDNESDAY,  SEPTEMBER 26, 2018

Athletic events today

• Boys Soccer HOME vs. St. Joseph – JV 4:00 V 5:30
  • Girls Swimming HOME @ WCSU vs. Staples – 4:30 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • FR Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Westhill – 4:00
  • FR Boys Soccer AWAY @ Wright Tech – 3:45 – bus leaves at 2:00
  • Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Westhill – JV 4:00 V 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:15

College visits to the Career Center

• 9/26/18 Wednesday University of Southern Maine Block 3 @ 11:00
  • 9/26/18 Wednesday Saint Anselm College Block 3 @ 12:00

General announcements

• The Black Lives Matter club meeting today is cancelled. The club will meet next Wednesday during flex. Please email Mr. Shafer if you are interested in joining.
  • Are you interested in writing and poetry? Are you interested in participating in Word Fest this year? If so, Word Warriors – Danbury High School’s poetry club – is holding its first meeting of the year TODAY in D468. All are welcome.
  • There will be a sophomore class executive officers meeting TODAY in C437 at 2:00.  If you want a say in what your class activities are, please attend the meeting.
  • Join the Math Team! There will be a meeting after school TODAY in D168. All are 
  • Help the Danbury HS Athletic Department raise funds for the Women’s Center of Greater Danbury!  Join the Hatter Teams and Band at the SafeWalk on September 30 at the Danbury Fair Mall. See a Danbury HS Fall Team or Band Captain  or any team or band member to make a donation. Donations can also be made at www.wcogd.ord
  • The Key Club invites you to join us at our Endless Summer Party TODAY after school in the cafeteria. All are welcome.

• Ally Week  September 24- 28: What is an ally? An ally is a person who takes demonstrable action supporting members of a group with which they do not identify. GLSEN’s Ally Week focuses on allyship for LGBT youth, who face disproportionate bullying, harassment and discrimination in K-12 schools.  Be an upstander not a bystander. Thank you DHS! GSA
  • The Latino Club has a  meeting today Wednesday,  in room D370 at 2:05 pm. All are welcome!. For more information contact: Mr. Rojas. Spanish Translation: Latino Club se estará reuniendo hoy Miércoles, en el aula D370, a las 2:05 p.m. Todos son bienvenidos. Para más  información contactar a Mr. Rojas.
  • There will be an information meeting tomorrow, Thursday 9/27 at 6:00 pm in room D276 for any student interested in traveling to Panama this summer.
  • Tri-M, The international Music Honors Society, will have its first informational meeting tomorrow, Sept. 27th in room A303(piano room). Join us to hear information on the exciting music related events that will be taking place this year.
  • Elections for Freshmen Executive Council will be held on October 25th during flex. Run for a position as President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer to positively represent the Class of 2022, and have a say in what is going on at DHS! If you are a freshman interested in running, please pick up an application from the Main or D4 office. Applications will be due in the C3 mailbox, or directly to Ms. Calafiore in room C340 by October 18th. NO late applications will be accepted.

TUESDAY,  SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

Athletic events today

Field Hockey HOME vs. St. Joseph – V 4:00 JV 5:30

V Girls Soccer AWAY @ St. Joseph – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center

9/25/18 Tuesday Quinnipiac University Block 3 @ 11:30

9/25/18 Tuesday Central CT State Univ Block 3 @ 11:54

9/26/18 Wednesday Marywood University Block 2 @ 8:49

9/26/18 Wednesday University of Southern Maine Block 3 @ 11:00

9/26/18 Wednesday Saint Anselm College Block 3 @ 12:00

9/28/18 Friday Sage College of Albany Block 2 @ 8:49

9/28/18 Friday Eastern CT State Univ Block 3 @ 9:28

9/28/18 Friday University of Vermont Block 4 @ 10:58

• This year’s “Into the Woods” Homecoming dance will be Sat, Sept 29th from 7-11 in the cafeteria! Tickets are $17 and include ice cream, popcorn,soft pretzel food truck, photo booth, and great music! Tickets go on sale today in the cafe during all lunch waves.

• The Black Lives Matter club will be meeting on Wednesday, September 26th after school in room D371A. New and returning students are welcome to join.

• Are you interested in writing and poetry? Are you interested in participating in Word Fest this year? If so, Word Warriors – Danbury High School’s poetry club – is holding its first meeting of the year this Wednesday, September 26th in D468. All are welcome.

• There will be a sophomore class executive officers meeting on 9/26 in C437 at 2:00.  If you want a say in what your class activities are, please attend the meeting.

• Join the Math Team! There will be a meeting after school on Wednesday, September 26th in D168. All are welcome!

• The Key Club invites you to join us at our Endless Summer Party on Wednesday Sept 26th afterschool in the cafeteria. All are welcome!

• Ally Week  September 24- 28, 2018

What is an ally? An ally is a person who takes demonstrable action supporting members of a group with which they do not identify. GLSEN’s Ally Week focuses on allyship for LGBT youth, who face disproportionate bullying, harassment and discrimination in K-12 schools.  Be an upstander not a bystander. Thank you DHS! GSA

• The next Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) meeting is this Thursday, Sept. 27th, in Room C339 at 2:10.  We hope to see you there!

• There will be an information meeting Thursday at 6:00 pm in room D276 for any student interested in traveling to Panama this summer.

• Tri-M, The international Music Honors Society, will have its first informational meeting this Thursday, Sept. 27th in room A303(piano room). Join us to hear information on the exciting music related events that will be taking place this year.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

MONDAY,  SEPTEMBER 24, 2018

Athletic events today:

JV Football HOME vs. Westhill – 4:00

FR Boys Soccer HOME vs. Darien – 4:00

Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Ridgefield – V 4:00 JV 5:30

FR Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Ridgefield – 4:00

Boys Soccer AWAY @ Darien – V 4:00 JV 4:30 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center

9/25/18    Tuesday Pace University         Block 2 @ 8:49     

• There will be a sophomore class executive officers meeting on 9/26 in C437 at 2;00.  If you want a say in what your class activities, please attend the meeting.

• The HOSA, Future Health Professionals informational meeting is RESCHEDULED for Monday, 9/24 @ 2pm in B220.  Please see Mrs. Tong for further information.

• Ally Week  September 24- 28, 2018

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

FRIDAY,  SEPTEMBER 21, 2018

Athletic events today:

FR Boys Soccer HOME vs. Westhill – 4:00

Girls Volleyball HOME vs. New Canaan – V 4:00 JV 5:30

V & JV Boys Soccer AWAY @ Westhill – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

Girls Swimming AWAY @ New Canaan – 3:00 – bus leaves at 1:15

FR Girls Volleyball AWAY @ New Canaan – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

Athletic Events for Saturday:

V & JV Girls Soccer HOME vs. Darien – 11:00

V Football AWAY @ Westhill – 1:00 – buses leave at 10:30

Boys & Girls Cross Country AWAY @ the Amherst Invitational – buses leave at 6:30 am

FR Girls Soccer AWAY @ Darien – 10:00 – bus leaves at 8:15

College Visits to the Career Center

• National History Honors Society interested in joining? Come to the welcome meeting TODAY during flex. If you can’t make the meeting, join the google classroom. USE the code – 5r6e14v or email Dr. Tucci.

• The SAT prep class will start Saturday morning, September 22. Please enter through the gym doors and go to D 179. Please arrive promptly by 9:00.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

THURSDAY,  SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

Athletic events today:

FR Football HOME vs. Westhill – 6:00

FR Field Hockey HOME vs. Trumbull – 5:30

V & JV Girls Soccer HOME vs. Westhill – 3:45

Field Hockey AWAY @ Trumbull – JV 5:00 V 6:30 – bus leaves at 3:15

College Visits to the Career Center

9/21/18 Friday Franklin Pierce University 8:49-block 2

The University of New Haven is having their on-site decision day on November 13th from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm in the Career Center.  Please come to the Career Center and sign up for an interview appointment.

Southern Connecticut State University will be hosting an on site decision day at Danbury High School on November 14, 2018 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.  If you are interested in attending Southern Connecticut State University, sign up for an appointment in the Career Center.

• Science National Honor Society and Science Club will have their first official meeting TODAY after school in C529. Light refreshments will be served.

• TODAY, is the first Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) organization meeting.  It will start promptly at 2:10 and end at 2:45 – This year’s theme is Create, Lead and Inspire – please grab a friend and plan on joining us – refreshments will be served – hope to see you there!

• National History Honors Society interested in joining? Come to the welcome meeting on Friday 9/21 during flex. Ask you flex teacher to schedule you for it with TUCCI.

If you can’t make the meeting, join the google classroom. USE the code – 5r6e14v or email Dr. Tucci.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

TUESDAY,  SEPTEMBER 18, 2018

Athletic events today:

Girls Soccer AWAY @ Brien McMahon – JV 4:00 V 6:30 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center

• Science National Honor Society and Science Club will have their first official meeting this Thursday, 9/29 after school in C529. Light refreshments will be served.

• Thursday, Sept. 20, is the first Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) organization meeting.  It will start promptly at 2:10 and end at 2:45 – This year’s theme is Create, Lead and Inspire – please grab a friend and plan on joining us – refreshments will be served – hope to see you there!

• JOIN THE NATIONAL ART HONOR SOCIETY!!

Complete Art related community service, make friends, visit museums, galleries, and experience many art happenings in the National Art Honor Society!

NAHS is for ALL STUDENTS with an interest in art. Registration forms are available by the auditorium front display case or in A310.

• The Main Office and Department Head office are looking for students to work as YPPs. Please stop in to pick up an application. TODAY IS THE LAST DAY FOR SCHEDULE CHANGES

• Are you considering a career in healthcare?  Do you want to get involved in community activities centered around health care? HOSA might be for you! The Future Health Professionals Club, HOSA, will have an informational meeting on Thursday, September 20th after school in B220.  All students are welcome. Please see Mrs. Tong in B220 with questions.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

MONDAY,  SEPTEMBER 17, 2018

Athletic events today:

V & JV Boys Soccer HOME vs. Ridgefield – 4:00

FR Field Hockey HOME vs. Staples – 4:00

FR Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Staples – 4:00

Boys & Girls Cross Country AWAY @ Fairfield Ludlowe – 4:00 – buses leave at 2:15

FR Boys Soccer AWAY @ Ridgefield – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

Field Hockey AWAY @ Staples – V 4:00 JV 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:15

Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Staples – V 4:00 JV 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center for the week of September 17, 2018

9/17/18    Monday Dominican College 8:49-block 2

• Youth Alive Faith club is making a comeback–will meet on Mondays after school in C337 with Ms. Stence.

• Are you interested in the medical field?  If so, join the medical careers club. We will meet Monday, Sept. 17 in C537 at 2:00.  The meeting will be brief.

• Are you interested in writing and volunteering? The National English Honor Society is now accepting applications for new members. Applications can be picked up in G292 or D468. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Hanrahan or Ms. Costello.

• JOIN THE NATIONAL ART HONOR SOCIETY!!

• Any student still interested in Science National Honor Society and Science Club, but missed Thursday’s informational meeting, please email Mrs. McClelland in C529 as soon as possible for important information regarding membership and our next meeting.

• The Main Office and Department Head office are looking for students to work as YPPs. Please stop in to pick up an application.

• Level 2 Office is in need of YPP workers for Block 2, 3, and 4.

• The tutoring center is run by six certified teachers with the objective of helping students improve their grades in Math, English, Science, and Social Studies. After school tutoring will take place in the media center from 2-4pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays starting on October 3rd. A late bus will be available to drop students off at the elementary school that is closest to their house. Students that are not present in the tutoring center or signed in to the late bus document by a teacher will not be allowed to take the late bus. If you have any questions please email Mr. Handberry: [email protected]

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

FRIDAY,  SEPTEMBER 14, 2018

Athletic events today:

V & JV Boys Soccer HOME vs. New Canaan – 4:00

Girls Swimming HOME @ WCSU vs. Westhill and Stamford – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

FR Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Fairfield Ludlowe – 4:00

V Football AWAY @ New Canaan – 7:00 – buses leave at 4:00

FR Boys Soccer AWAY @ New Canaan 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

Field Hockey AWAY @ Brookfield – V 3:45 JV 5:15 – bus leaves at 2:15

Girls Volleyball AWAY @ Fairfield Ludlowe – JV 4:00 V 5:30 – bus leaves at 2:15

Athletic Events for Saturday:

JV Football HOME vs. New Canaan – 10:30

FR Girls Soccer HOME vs. Ridgefield – 10:30

V & JV Girls Soccer AWAY @ Ridgefield – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

College Visits to the Career Center:

Today Merrimack College        11:36

Southern Connecticut State University will be hosting an on site decision day at Danbury High School on November 15, 2018 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.  If you are interested in attending Southern Connecticut State University, sign up for an appointment in the Career Center.

• Next Thursday, Sept. 20, is the first Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) organization meeting.  It will start promptly at 2:10 and end at 2:45 – This year’s theme is Create, Lead and Inspire – please grab a friend and plan on joining us – refreshments will be served – hope to see you there!

• If you are interested in being part of DHS Video Production Club please come to a brief after school meeting Friday in A208.

• Ms. Manka needs a YPP please see her in D176.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

THURSDAY,  SEPTEMBER 13, 2018

College Visits to the Career Center:

9/14/18 Friday Merrimack College        11:36

9/14/18    Friday University of Hartford  8:49

Athletic Events today:

FR Football HOME vs. New Canaan – 4:00

FR Girls Soccer HOME vs. New Canaan – 4:00

V & JV Girls Soccer AWAY @ New Canaan – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

• If you are interested in gaining more world knowledge and finding friends with similar interests, come join Model U.N. We will hold our first meeting after school TODAY in room D376. Hope to see you there!

• Do you have an interest in science? Maybe Science National Honor Society or Science Club is right for you. Will be having a brief informational meeting TODAY after school in C529. All are welcome and light refreshments will be served.

• The Gamer’s Association will meet in A204 TODAY from 2:10-3:35pm.

• Our first GSA meeting will be TODAY in D277 after school. Just remember there is no late buses yet so make sure you have a ride home after the meeting.

• Detention starts after school this week in D367. Detention can be served on Wednesday or Thursday. Thursday is the 3hr detention day. There is no late bus available.

• Attention all seniors. If you’d like to have a great opportunity to be in this year’s yearbook, find a few friends and come on out to the student parking lot TODAY to get a photo taken which we might use in our “Seniors and their Cars” spread. No more than three friends, no hats and only seniors are allowed. Please do not get into more than one picture.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

TUESDAY,  SEPTEMBER 11, 2018

College Visits:

Athletic Events today:

Field Hockey HOME vs. Ridgefield – V 4:00 JV 5:30

V and JV Girls Soccer HOME vs. Staples – 6:00

Girls Volleyball HOME vs. Abbott Tech – V 4:00 JV 5:30

Boys & Girls Cross Country AWAY @ St. Joseph – 4:00 – buses leave at 2:15

FR Field Hockey AWAY @ Ridgefield – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

FR Girls Soccer AWAY @ Staples – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

• The Black Lives Matter Club will be meeting for the first time on Wednesday, September 12th after school in room D371A. New and interested students are welcome to join.

• If you are interested in gaining more world knowledge and finding friends with similar interests, come join Model U.N. We will hold our first meeting on Thursday, September 13th in room D376. Hope to see you there!

• If you are interested in becoming a member of the DHS Math Team, join us in D168 on Wednesday September 12th, right after school.

• The Gamer’s Association will meet in A204 on Thursday, September 13th from 2:10-3:35pm.

• Underclassmen pictures will be taken during your English classes this year. Please be sure to listen to your English teacher to find out when your class will be going for your underclassmen portraits. All underclassmen should have a picture taken to ensure we get a new student ID for each of you. If any student is absent during his or her class’ photos, feel free to go down during lunch to get it taken. Order forms can be found online and in all level offices.

• Attention all seniors. If you’d like to have a great opportunity to be in this year’s yearbook, find a few friends and come on out to the student parking lot on Sept 12th and 13th to get a photo taken which we might use in our “Seniors and their Cars” spread. No more than three friends, no hats and only seniors are allowed. Please do not get into more than one picture.

• Any student interested in joining yearbook, there will be a short informational meeting on September 12 in C330. With the new flex period,  you may be able to get some of this work done during the school day, so don’t feel like you cannot be a member if you are on a sports team. Please come to find out if this is something you’d like to do. We will train you to be a contributing member of the staff. If you cannot make it on the 12th, please stop down in C331 and see Mr. Porcelli sometime before then.

• The Main Office and Department Head office are looking for underclassmen to work as YPPs. Please stop in to pick up an application.

• The ISS room is looking for YPPs please stop in room 302a for an application.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

FRIDAY,  SEPTEMBER 7, 2018

TONIGHT at 7pm the football team takes on Trinity Catholic. Student  admission is $1.00 with your ID. Come out and show your support!

• The weight room will be open 6:00-7:00 am Monday-Thursday all school year.

• Any freshmen girls interested in playing field hockey this year are asked to stop in to Room C339 or stop by the Athletic Directors office for additional information – no prior experience is necessary – all are welcome!  The deadline for joining the field hockey program is this Friday, Sept. 7, 2018.

• Freshmen who are interested in playing a fall sport,  please go to the athletic office as soon as possible in E297, for more information. TODAY is the last day to join.

• The Black Lives Matter club will be meeting for the first time on Wednesday, September 12th after school in room D371A. New and interested students are welcome to join.

• Detention starts after school next week in D367. Detention can be served on Wednesday or Thursday. Thursday is the 3hr detention day. There is no late bus available.

• Students Checking in to the Library Learning Commons (LLC) during Lunch Waves:

Students are welcome to come to the LLC during their Lunch or Study Hall periods. For Blocks 1, 2, and 4, students should go directly to the LLC at the beginning of the block to sign in at the Main Desk. An email will be sent to your Study Hall teacher so that he or she may properly record your attendance.

During Block 3, students will need to sign in at the Main Desk at the beginning of EACH Lunch Wave. Study Hall teachers will be sent a list of students present in the LLC during each lunch wave so that students will only be in the cafeteria during their appropriate wave.

• There will be an SAT Prep class open to all students beginning on Saturday, September 22nd and running for five Saturdays from 9am to noon.  The cost is $75 which includes the book. Enrollment is limited to 60 students. The registration form is available in the Main Office.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

THURSDAY,  SEPTEMBER 6, 2018

Mitchell College will be in the Career Center at 11:00am TODAY!

Attention students – Tomorrow, at 7pm is the first home football game against Trinity Catholic. Student admission is $1.00 with your ID. Come out and show your support!

• Anyone interested in joining the boys cross country team see Coach Murray in the boys PE office during school or after school in the old gym.  

• Freshmen who are interested in playing a fall sport,  please go to the athletic office as soon as possible in E297, for more information. TOMORROW is the last day to join.

Beginning Thursday, September 6, students are welcome to come to the LLC during their Lunch or Study Hall periods. For Blocks 1, 2, and 4, students should go directly to the LLC at the beginning of the block to sign in at the Main Desk. An email will be sent to your Study Hall teacher so that he or she may properly record your attendance.

• Any student interested in joining yearbook, there will be a short informational meeting on September 12 in C330. With the new flex period,  you may be able to get some of this work done during the school day, so don’t feel like you cannot be a member if you are on a sports team. Please come on the 12th to find out if this is something you’d like to do. We will train you to be a contributing member of the staff. If you cannot make it on the 12th, please stop down in C331 and see Mr. Porcelli sometime before then.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

WEDNESDAY,  SEPTEMBER 5, 2018

Attention students – This Friday night, September 7th, at 7pm is the first home football game against Trinity Catholic. Student admission is $1.00 with your ID. Come out and show your support!

• Freshmen who are interested in playing a fall sport,  please go to the athletic office as soon as possible in E297, for more information.

• The DECO Accounting class scheduled to begin after school today is canceled for today.

• The Fall athletic meeting for parents and athletes is tonight, Wednesday, September 5th, starting promptly at 6:30 in the auditorium.

STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS

TUESDAY,  SEPTEMBER 4, 2018

Due to the Early Weather Dismissal there are no after school activities today.

The Football home opener is this Friday, September 7th! Students will pay just $1.00 with their school ID. Come out and support the Hatters!

• Students Checking in to the Library Learning Commons (LLC) during Lunch Waves

• The Fall athletic meeting for parents and athletes is tomorrow, Wednesday, September 5th, starting promptly at 6:30 in the auditorium.

• The Main Office is looking for underclassmen to work as YPPs. Please see Mrs Domingos in the main office to pick up an application.

Friday, Sept. 21

Athletic events Friday

• FR Boys Soccer HOME vs. Westhill – 4:00
  • Girls Volleyball HOME vs. New Canaan – V 4:00 JV 5:30
  • V & JV Boys Soccer AWAY @ Westhill – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15
  • Girls Swimming AWAY @ New Canaan – 3:00 – bus leaves at 1:15  
  • FR Girls Volleyball AWAY @ New Canaan – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

Athletic events Saturday

• V & JV Girls Soccer HOME vs. Darien – 11:00
  • V Football AWAY @ Westhill – 1:00 – buses leave at 10:30
  • Boys & Girls Cross Country AWAY @ the Amherst Invitational – buses leave at 6:30 am
  • FR Girls Soccer AWAY @ Darien – 10:00 – bus leaves at 8:15

College visits to the Career Center

Tuesday 9/25/18

Pace University                  Block 2 @ 8:49     

Quinnipiac University      Block 3 @ 11:30

Central CT State Univ.      Block 3 @ 11:54

Wednesday 9/26/18 

Marywood University       Block 2 @ 8:49

Univ. of Southern Maine Block 3 @ 11:00

Saint Anselm College        Block 3 @ 12:00

Friday 9/28/18

Sage College of Albany     Block 2 @ 8:49

Eastern CT State Univ.     Block 3 @ 9:28

University of Vermont      Block 4 @ 10:58

General announcements

• It is almost AUDITION TIME! For all those interested in auditioning for Danbury High School Production’s spring musical, Godspell, there will be an informational meeting during FLEX on Wednesday, Oct. 3.  Please sign up with Mr. Burnett for Flex that day OR come directly after school to get the information. Auditions will take place on Thursday, Oct. 18. Please stop by A304 for more information.  Godspell is a fun, high energy show about building community.
  • There will be a sophomore class executive officers meeting at 2 p.m. 9/26 in C437. If you want a say in determining class activities, please attend the meeting.
  • Help the Athletics Department raise funds for the Women’s Center of Greater Danbury. Join the Hatter teams and band at the SafeWalk on Sept. 30 at the Danbury Fair Mall. See a team or band captain  or any team or band member to make a donation. Donations can also be made at www.wcogd.ord
  • National History Honors Society: Interested in joining? Come to the welcome meeting TODAY during Flex. If you can’t make the meeting, join the google classroom. USE the code – 5r6e14v or email Dr. Tucci.
  • The HOSA, Future Health Professionals informational meeting is RESCHEDULED for Monday, 9/24 @ 2 pm in B220.  Please see Mrs. Tong for information.
  • The SAT prep class will start Saturday morning, Sept. 22. Please enter through the gym doors and go to D 179. Please arrive promptly by 9.
  • The Key Club invites you to join us at our Endless Summer Party on Wednesday, Sept. 26 after school in the cafeteria. All are welcome!
  • Elections for Freshmen Executive Council will be held on Oct. 25 during Flex. Run for a position as President, Vice President, Secretary, or Treasurer to positively represent the Class of 2022, and have a say in what is going on at DHS! If you are a freshman interested in running, please pick up an application from the Main or D4 office. Applications will be due in the C3 mailbox, or directly to Ms. Calafiore in room C340 by October 18th. NO late applications will be accepted.