Senior Spirit Week – Class of 2024

Each year, the senior class officers meticulously craft a unique spirit week, exclusively tailored for our esteemed seniors. This special week, held just before prom, is a dedicated time to honor and celebrate our senior class. This year, the spirit week, which took place from May 20th-23rd, was a vibrant mix of four distinct days: Meme Day, 90’s Day, White T-Shirt Day, and Class Shirt Day. 

Mya Cefaloni dressed up as JoJo Siwaom, is a dedicated time to honor and celebrate our senior class. This year, the spirit week, which took place from May 20th-23rd, was a vibrant mix of four distinct days: Meme Day, 90’s Day, White T-Shirt Day, and Class Shirt Day. 

The week started off with Meme Day on Monday. Seniors were asked to dress up as their favorite Meme. BOG officer Mya Cefaloni dressed up as JoJo Siwa, a dancer and singer who recently became a meme after releasing her song “Karma.” Cefaloni said that the inspiration behind dressing up as JoJo Siwa was “all the videos of her on TikTok and other social media platforms.”

The 90’s served as a thrilling throwback Tuesday, celebrating the decade’s iconic fashion, music, and culture—a nostalgic glimpse into the 90’s Day with baggy jeans and the battle of boy bands vs. girl groups. 90’s Day was fun because it allowed people to relive a beloved era, celebrate its cultural significance, and enjoy a nostalgia-filled day.  

As seniors prepared to move on to their next chapter, the officers wanted everyone to leave with something to serve as a memory. White T-shirt Day was a perfect way for everyone to take something as simple as a plain white tee and convert it to a memorable piece they can cherish forever. Seniors went around asking each other to sign their shirts so that by the end of the day, they were all covered in signatures to remember their peers. “It’s a fun and easy way to remember your friends. I think the T-shirt makes it more interactive,” senior Julia Porto said. 

90’s Day

When seniors buy their prom tickets, every graduation class gets a respective shirt. The Class of 2024 shirt is replicated from Tyler, The Creator’s album “CALL ME IF YOU GET LOST.” Thursday allowed seniors to match and connect through the shirt the day before prom. 

Prom concludes the week, which is arguably one of the most awaited days of senior year. Seniors will celebrate with a Gods and Goddesses-themed gala this year. This week as a whole will undoubtedly be memories that the Class of 2024 will forever cherish.