Senior Fest starts now

Michelle Siancas, Staff Writer

From inflatables, to blasting music and free food, Senior Fest is known to be one of the most looked-forward to senior events of the year. Senior Fest typically occurs twice a year which simply means, twice the amount of fun. 

Since “senior” is within the name of Senior Fest, this event is meant for the graduating class. 

History teacher and Class Advisor of the 2020 class Julian Shafer believes this year’s Senior Fest is going to be different.

Shafer, speaking on behalf of the class of 2020 officers, stated “We will gather all the seniors after school to have fun and all hang out”.

This year’s Senior Fest will be held on Friday, October 18th from 2pm to 4pm. The advisors would like any volunteers that could help clean up after the event finishes. 

Students who have already paid their student dues will attend the event for free. However, those who have not paid all dues are expected to pay $5. Everyone must bring their school ID. “There will be two inflatables which include bouncy boxing and bungee run” as well as a dj, Shafer adds.

There will be food provided at the event such as cotton candy, snow cones, popcorn, hot dogs, hamburgers, and of course, water. 

The 2020 class officers are aiming for a great turnout. Officers want all seniors to come out and have a good time. Many seniors are excited for the event and want to finish off their final year of high school with a bang. 

Nya Blackwood senior states, “I am so excited for the event. I just want to enjoy the last moments of senior year!”

Kelly Sari senior also says, “I am friends with students that graduated last spring and I feel like this year is going to be different than others due to 2020 being a special year.”

Class Advisors expect all seniors to come and have fun! Seniors should enjoy their last few moments as high school students. Make some memories!