End of year celebrations help seniors close out high school careers

Dr. Obre

2021 Seniors pose for final class picture.

Ashley Sauls, Staff Writer

After much discussion over the past several months about the potential of hosting a graduation ceremony for the class of 2021, the Danbury High School Administration has confirmed that a graduation ceremony will be held for the current senior class. 

A save the date with information regarding graduation was released to parents and students last week. The ceremonies will be split between the Blue and Orange cohorts, both taking place on June 10 (rain date being June 11) at their designated times. The Blue Cohort’s ceremony will take place at 2:00pm and the Orange Cohort’s ceremony will take place at 5:00pm. Students will be given 4 tickets to give to their loved ones so families will be able to attend the ceremonies while still adhering to the CDC guidelines. 

“I’m happy that the graduation is actually going to happen,” said senior Luizy Ferreira “A high school graduation is something that only happens once, so I am glad that we are going to have at least a semi-normal ceremony”

The days leading up to the graduation ceremony will be filled with many events for the senior class to enjoy as well.

A Car Parade for the graduates will be held on June 3 at 12:00pm after the seniors last day of classes where they will be able to pick up their cap and gowns, senior shirts, and yearbooks. For those not participating in the Car Parade, cap and gown pick up will go from 12:20pm to 4:00pm the same day. The senior trip to Six Flags New England will take place on the following day on June 4 where students will leave at 8:45am and be back close to 6:30pm. 

The festivities will continue the following week with the Senior BBQ taking place on June 7 at the DHS football field and a Drive-in Movie being hosted on June 8. More information about these events will be announced as the dates approach.