Super bowl predictions

The Super Bowl is the most watched game in American sports every year. This year, the matchup is in Las Vegas and features the Kansas City Chiefs versus the San Francisco 49ers. The stakes are high for this game as Patrick Mahomes keeps trying to chase Brady’s record of rings, with Mahomes already having two. For the 49ers, it would be their sixth ring in franchise history, which would tie for most rings in a franchise with the Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots. Andy Reid had this to say about the Super Bowl “If you have a piece of chocolate cake, and you see another dangling in front of you, you’re going to want it. That’s how you feel about the Super Bowl. It is the ultimate chocolate cake.”

For a quarterback who is often described as the commander of the offense, Patrick Mahomes is a better quarterback and player overall than Brock Purdy. In the regular season, Mahomes has more total yards. He is also experienced being in a superbowl, with this being his 4th, winning 2 to Brock Purdy’s 1st. Now for Tight Ends, it is very close between 49er George Kittle and Kansas City Chiefs star Travis Kelce. For Travis Kelce, the only statistical standout he has is his total receptions, with him having a staggering 93 to Kittle’s 65 and his catching percentage being 76.9% to Kittle’s 72.2%. Every other stat indicates that George Kittle is better this year, with him even making All-Pro in front of Kelce. Also, George Kittle is far and away the best tight end when it comes to blocking, as he is amazing in the run game. Now to RB, there is no discussion of McCaffrey with him in MVP contention and him having better odds than anyone on both of these teams with him being +2000 on USA today.

Wide receiver core goes to the 49ers as they have their WR1, or their first option at wide receiver, Brandon Aiyuk, who made 2nd Team All-Pro this season, while the Chiefs’ Rashee Rice is not. Not to mention Deebo Samuel is better than most wide receivers in the league, and he’s a second option.

For the offensive line, Kansas City is better due to Patrick Mahomes being sacked less than Brock Purdy, with 29-31 sacks, respectively . On the other side, defensive lines that have sacked the QB more will go to the Chiefs with the second most sacks in the league with 57, beating out the 49er’s 48. The defensive core of the 49ers is better due to them being tied with the most interceptions in the league at 22 and the Chiefs being nowhere near them at 8. And lastly, for cornerbacks, I think the Chiefs are very skilled at that position, with Trent Mcduffie and L’Jarius Sneed having a combined 158 tackles, 3 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, and 21 passes defended, with Mcduffie making 1st Team All-Pro, while the 49ers, with their corners Charvarius Ward and Deommodore Lenoir, combined for 156 tackles, no tackles, 1 forced fumble, and 33 passes defended, with Charvarius Ward making 2nd Team All-Pro.

For coaches, it is a toss-up. While Kyle Shanahan (49ers) has been coaching better than Reid during the regular season, Reid has taken it up a notch during the playoffs. Not to mention, Reid has won 2 out of 3 Superbowls in his Chiefs career, beating Shanahan in one of them. Also, Reid is 3-0 against Shanahan, and has proven to everyone that Reid steps up in these scenarios. Also, the Chiefs have one of the best defensive coordinators in the league, Steve Spagnuolo. So the Chiefs get the edge for coaching.

In my opinion, I would have the Chiefs due to Patrick Mahomes shining in moments of the Super Bowl. Who do you think will win?