Hats Off to the Danbury Hatters Following a Great Season

Hatters end the season on a rough note, but the passion for the game lives on.

Charlie Solimine, Staff Writer

The Hatters’ season has ended after suffering a 5-2 loss to Newington in the second round of the CIAC tournament. The Hatters fought until the last pitch but could not come out victorious. The Hatters, placed as the 16th seed, were able to knock off Cheshire at home in the first round and had to take the bus to Newington High School this past Wednesday (5/31) to play the number one seed.

Head Coach Shaun Ratchford coached the boys to a 13-10 state record and an 11-4 FCIAC record, maintaining an 8-3 home record and a 5-7 away record.

The Hatters seniors displayed high emotions after the game, as most have been playing together since their youth.

After starting off 1-4 and being projected to only win three games, the Hatters went on a seven-game win streak, also beating Warde, St. Joes, Trumbull, and Ridgefield.

Aside from the state tournament, the Hatters did suffer a 5-3 loss at home in the FCIAC playoffs.

The Hatters will take some time off and hold an end-of-season meeting next week, as well as an end-of-year banquet for families and players. As some seniors move on to play baseball in college, the younger class will have to fill some big shoes for next year.

Congrats on a great season, Hatters.