Breaking News

Spirit Week at DHS

Color+Day%3A+Class+of+2024+
Color Day: Class of 2024

Danbury High School’s spirit week is run by our student government, the Board of Governors (BOG). This year, the BOG decided to shake things up. Even without school on Monday, the students made the week worthwhile.

Tuesday was Oppenheimer vs. Barbie, Wednesday was Jersey vs. Jersey Shore, and Thursday and Friday were our typical class and school colors.

Spirit week is the one week every year that people can “go out of their comfort zone,” as Senior John Bardin puts it. It is a way for everyone to show their school spirit and have a fun week during school without it negatively affecting their learning experience.

“If you feel a part of something, you’re more likely to participate and feel comfortable in your learning environment, and it overall improves your learning,” said history teacher Mr. Williams. “And it’s fun!”

As the week went on, DHS was able to incorporate traditions to conclude the week successfully. Thursday’s theme was class colors, and students and teachers gathered together during fourth period to participate in our pep rally. The pep rally had fun activities, enticing chants, and the recognition of our fall sports teams.

The Hatters closed off their week by bringing home the win in their Homecoming game against the Norwalk Bears. The DHS Hatters Hooters showed up and showed out with school spirit to amp up the team and secure the overtime win.