Week of May 2 Student Announcements

Staff Report

FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2016

Athletic Events for today
FR Boys Lacrosse HOME vs. New Canaan – 4:30
Boys Volleyball HOME vs. St. Joseph – V 4:00 JV 5:30
Girls Tennis HOME vs. Trinity Catholic – 4:00
JV Baseball AWAY @ Immaculate – 3:45 – bus leaves at 2:10
FR Baseball AWAY @ New Fairfield – 4:15 – bus leaves at 2:15
Boys & Girls Outdoor Track AWAY @ New Britain – bus leaves at 1:15
Boys Tennis AWAY @ Trinity Catholic – 4:00 – bus leaves at 2:15

Athletic Events for Saturday 5/7
Boys Lacrosse AWAY @ Trumbull – JV 3:00 V 5:00 – bus leaves at 1:15
Boys Tennis AWAY @ New Fairfield – 12:00 – bus leaves at 11:00
Boys & Girls Track AWAY @ New Britain – buses leave at 7:30

• Volunteers needed! Any student group available to volunteer on Saturday, May 14th to assist the PTO and work at the “Buick” Test Drive, please see Mr. Bocaccio asap.

• Seniors, celebrate your upcoming graduation with a DHS graduation lawn sign that you can proudly display on your front lawn. Order forms are available in the cafeteria or the main office.

• Tonight’s and tomorrow’s performances of In the Heights will at 7:30 p.m.

• On April 16, 2016 an earthquake hit the country of Ecuador with a monumental magnitude of 7.8 and a maximum intensity of 8. Due to the many people who were affected by this tragic event the level 4 Counselor’s along with the Latino Club and the Fight Child Hunger Club will be collecting the necessary items to be shipped to Ecuador. The following items are needed: gauze pads, casts, peroxide, bandages, hand sanitizer, Neosporin ointment, elastic bandages, baby bottles, powered milk, insect repellent, garbage bags, rubbing alcohol, masks, and saline solution to clean wounds. There will be boxes located in the level 4 office, D371 (Ms. Bilbao’s room), and D370 (Mr. Rojas’s room) where items may be dropped off. All items will then be transported to the Ecuadorian Cultural Center located in Danbury, CT. Please see Ms. Rodriguez or Ms. Harris in the level 4 office with any questions. Thank you all for your support.

• Chess players, please note that the Faculty/Student chess tournament is after school in two weeks. See Mr. Parker to signup.

• Leo Club elections are being held today in D369. All members must attend.

• If you would like to be a part of the Girls Swim Team next season please join us for an informational meeting today in E 295. You’ll meet past and present members as well as captains and the coach. We are looking forward to seeing you there.

• Current NHS members will meet today in the LMC immediately after school. Induction for new and current members will be Monday at 7:30 p.m., NOT 7:00 p.m. Again, induction for NHS begins at 7:30. Inductees and current members must arrive at 7 p.m.in the auditorium.

• Video Production Club is canceled today.

• Corinne Philbin of the Hatters’ Herald says “In the Heights” is must-see entertainment this weekend. She writes that the play is “passionate,” “real,” and the actors bring “heart,” “laughs” and even a “few tears” to the stage. Read the full review at hattersherald.com

THURSDAY, MAY 5, 2016

• Are you a low-income, first-generation sophomore student who is worried about realizing their dream of a college education? If so, the ECMC Scholarship Program may be for you. Just go to your level office for an application, review the program components and determine if you can make a commitment to this two-year program. Return completed applications to Mr. Boucher or Ms. Chance in the Level 3 Office by April 30th.

• Tonight’s performance of In the Heights will at 7 p.m. Tomorrow and Saturday’s performances will be at 7:30.

• On April 16, 2016 an earthquake hit the country of Ecuador with a monumental magnitude of 7.8 and a maximum intensity of 8. Due to the many people who were affected by this tragic event the level 4 Counselor’s along with the Latino Club and the Fight Child Hunger Club will be collecting the necessary items to be shipped to Ecuador. The following items are needed: gauze pads, casts, peroxide, bandages, hand sanitizer, neosporin ointment, elastic bandages, baby bottles, powered milk, insect repellent, garbage bags, rubbing alcohol, masks, and saline solution to clean wounds. There will be boxes located in the level 4 office, D371 (Ms. Bilbao’s room), and D370 (Mr. Rojas’s room) where items may be dropped off. All items will then be transported to the Ecuadorian Cultural Center located in Danbury, CT. Please see Ms. Rodriguez or Ms. Harris in the level 4 office with any questions. Thank you all for your support.

• If you are interested in trying out for the Varsity cheerleading team, please attend an informational meeting today at 2:15 in E295. If you cannot attend please see Mrs. Tatarzycki in E297.

• The Future Business Leaders of America will be having a meeting today at 2:15 in C339 – refreshments will be served. All are invited.

• Chess players, please note that the Faculty/Student chess tournament is after school in two weeks. See Mr. Parker to signup. There is no chess today after s