Salutatorian: Bradley Fox

Abby Martinez, Staff Writer

Senior Bradley Fox is this year’s class of 2017 salutatorian and will graduate with a GPA of 4.748.

Fox is humble when asked about how he feels about being this year’s salutatorian. “I’m very proud at what I’ve done but i’m also very proud of what we’ve done as a class as well.” Fox says.

He continues, “It’s not just me, it’s our class as a whole who have stepped up and put a lot of work in these past four years.”

For Fox, being the salutatorian means more than just a ranking placement. It reflects the academic struggles he has faced over the past four years.

“I’ve really respected the process,” adds Fox adds, who will attend Dartmouth in the fall.

Throughout his high school career, Fox has had several teachers who have impacted him and that he feels helped him. The teacher who he connects with most, however, is math teacher, Thai Nguyen.

“I think he’s a really inspiring guy, from his background and where he came from. And I think that inspires me to work hard and get what I want in life,” says Fox.

“It’s much more of our personal relationship. From knowing so much of his background and why he’s a teacher here at DHS is what inspires me,” he adds.

The two met Fox’s junior year, when he enrolled in the most challenging math course DHS has to offer — AP Calculus BC.

“Bradley is a hard working student, very serious. He likes to take a challenge. And everytime he takes a challenge he puts his mind and all his effort into it,” says Nguyen.

Not only is Nguyen referring to Fox’s academics, but he also brings up his running. “You can see that it’s evident in his sport. He runs everyday to get faster and faster. And every time he has a challenge he’ll work even harder.”

Fox participates in year-round track and cross country. “I think that’s really helped me become the person I am,” he says.

Fox also has many close friends who have watched him grow academically. One being Naomi Patel.

“He puts 110 percent into everything he does, whether it be writing a small paragraph or completing a final project for one of his AP classes,” Patel says.

Fox’s advice to students who aim to compete for a high academic rank is more than to just study hard.

“If you respect the process and challenge yourself with everything you do, you can trust that success will naturally follow. In other words, don’t focus on the grade but on the learning you do to get that grade.”

Fox plans to major in chemistry at Dartmouth to prepare for pre-med.

“He does everything to his best ability and it shows,” Patel says.