Breaking News

Jason Kelce’s heartbreaking retirement rumors, shock NFL fans

Jason Kelce has shocked the entire sports community with rumors about his possible retirement after 13 years in the NFL.

Kelce was drafted in 2011 by the Eagles. In 2012, he was named the starting center, and in 2013, he started all 16 games. Continuing as a starting center, Kelce had his best season as a pro in 2017, winning the 2018 Super Bowl. Since then, Kelce has made his team proud by winning countless games and awards. 

Before the start of the 2023 season, Kelce had been considering retirement but agreed to sign on for one more season. Unfortunately, this past season was rough on the Eagles, getting disqualified after only the first round of the playoffs. “Kelce, considered one of the best centers in the NFL, reportedly told his teammates he was retiring in the locker room after the Eagles’ 32-9 wild-card playoff loss to the Bucs,” ESPN’s Adam Schefter said on X.

While NFL fans have seen this retirement coming, it doesn’t dull the pain any less.  Seeing Jason Kelce leave his memorable, record-breaking, history-making career behind is truly painful. 

As of right now, these are only rumors, but the likelihood of another year in the NFL is very slim for Kelce. “When it’s time to officially announce what’s happening in the future, it’ll be done in a way that’s definitive and pays respect to a lot of people and individuals that have meant a lot to me and have led to the career I’ve had,” Kelce said.