Kate Middleton cancer diagnosis

Photo creds: Fox news
Photo creds: Fox news

Health information has always been shared with patients and their doctors due to confidentiality. However, as of recently, Kate Middleton released an emotional video in which she announced her cancer diagnosis to the entire world. 

In the video, Middleton says “In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was not cancerous.” Nonetheless, she had chosen to have a few tests performed by doctors during her recuperation period, leading to the discovery of her cancer. 

After this disheartening news, Middleton’s doctors advised that she start chemotherapy and she is currently in the early stages of the process. The princess has not yet revealed when she started her treatment and how long it is expected to last. The public can expect Middleton to return to the spotlight soon, as she released a statement saying that “she is ok” and that she and William are managing her health privately “for the sake of her young family.” 

This upsetting news means as the princess continues to undergo treatments, she will have to postpone her public facing duties until further notice. Unfortunately, until now, all the public can do is hope for a swift recovery to enable her to resume her royal duties and return to the limelight.