Breaking News

New Quinnipicac poll reveals how voters view on abotions has changed

photo creds: Fox news

Voters may be surprised by findings from a recent Quinnipiac University poll that was released on Wednesday, May 9th regarding Americans’ opinions on abortion as the November election approaches.

The survey was released as Democrats aim to make abortion a major campaign issue in the hopes that it will boost Democratic turnout nationwide as they work towards taking control of the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the White House.

According to Fox News, Quinnipiac conducted an independent, non partisan national and state poll which revealed “A record majority of Americans (66%) support legal abortion in some or all situations. 34% of respondents said abortion should be allowed in all circumstances, while 32% thought it should be allowed in most situations.”

66% for legal abortion is shocking, according to Quinnipiac University because it reached the highest percentage it has reached in over two decades. 

“There has never been this much approval for women’s right to choose in the last 20 years,” says Quinnipiac University. 

As this turnout changes, individuals will just have to be patient and wait for the long awaited polls in November. Based on this data, we can conclude so far that women are slowly gaining their rights to having an abortion back because their opinions are heavily influencing the election polls.