Expectations for Senior Sunset after last years events

One of the most coveted senior events from past years, Senior Sunset, is set to be held on May 31st for the class of 2024. Senior Sunset is typically held at the end of the year to signify seniors leaving. The tradition starts with the Senior Sunrise at the beginning of the year to represent the start of the senior year and is supposed to end with a gathering of the class to watch the sunset as a last way to bring everyone all together. 

Senior Sunrise was held in September last year and was an overall success. Many came together with friends an hour and a half earlier than when school usually started. This resulted in a wholesome gathering in the gym parking lot, where everyone looked toward the baseball field and gazed at the sun as the night turned to day. “It was so nice to see all my friends come together and bring a good start to senior year; the sunrise was such a successful event,” states Senior Class Vice President Amy Kouch. Bagelman was provided for students, which resulted in a tiring but productive start to the day. 

Despite the joys of the Senior Sunrise, last year’s Senior Sunset had a completely different vibe from its morning counterpart. On June 6th of last year, the class of 2023 ended their Senior year with a bang—literally. Videos on social media of firecrackers, boxing, and many other shenanigans were documented on everyone’s Instagram story. Threats to cancel other Senior events were heard, but administrators were found to be pretty generous as everything continued to go as planned. Staff is predicted to be wary about the upcoming event, and it is expected that there will be more surveillance and security this year. 

Senior Sunset starts the realization for seniors that graduation is only days away. This tradition is held by many schools around the country, and it would be a shame for it to go wrong again. Hopefully, this year’s class will be able to enjoy their final moments as high school seniors responsibly, resulting in the class of 2025 events running smoothly compared to the chaos of last year. The hope is for everyone to have fun and enjoy their event with everyone before the final school event. Graduation.